1. Did you watch the Royal Wedding? I did. Loved it. Love, love, loved it.
2. Have you seen Woolgirl's April Sock Club Kit yet? If you don't want to be spoiled, look away around #5.
3. Sock Summit registration begins on Wednesday, May 4!! I'm hoping to maybe get a class or two, in addition to my own!!!!!
4. I drove Mimi back home to Reno this weekend. Not such a fun drive when I have a horrible migraine/sinus headache. So I treated myself today to a trip to Jimmy Beans Wool. Love that store, but really try not to stop at it every time I'm in Reno. I don't need yarn, remember. But, in honor of Madelinetosh May, I bought a little something today.
Two skeins of Madelinetosh Prairie in colorway Cove
5. Woolgirl's April Sock Club shipment arrived earlier this week and I heart everything about it!
Two awesome patterns, and yes, I may be biased because one of them is mine! When Woolgirl asked me to design something for her Favorite Things/Raindrops on Roses themed kit, I jumped at the chance. Especially when she told me about the yarn! I absolutely loved knitting with Stricken Smitten's yarn....the color is just stunning!
Raindrops on Roses Shawlette, by Irishgirlieknits
feel free to favorite it, but it won't be available to the public until June 2012! But you might be able to score one in the Woolgirl's Sock Club Forum on Ravelry here
6. Podcasts. I've finally discovered the joy of knitting podcasts. Don't ask me what took so long?! Current faves include FiberBeat, Knitmore Girls, SavvyGirls.....any others you'd recommend?
7. You know that sneak peek I showed you the other day? I'm so excited to share it with you this week. Miss Babs will be selling the pattern in her shop at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival next weekend! This will be the first (of hopefully many more!) pattern that I will be wholesaling and I thought a bit of a professional pattern layout was needed. Knitterella to the rescue! I'll tell you more about the pattern in my next post, but today, I have to share a picture of the new pattern layout.
I love it! Working with Jill has made my designing job so much easier! We will gradually be moving many of my patterns over to this new layout as I hope to start expanding my wholesale accounts!
8. I have barely knit a stitch this week! Tends to happen when I finish a new design. I have another design in the works, just haven't cast on yet. So let me live vicariously through you guys for a moment....what are you knitting? What project can you just not put down? Do tell :)