Sunday, April 15, 2007

MMMMMalabrigo!

MMMMMMalabrigo!!! I love this stuff! I finished my Malabrigo scarf this weekend. The pattern is from Imagiknit (you know, they were the ones who also originated the My-so-called Scarf pattern too, if I recall correctly). It was a sample at their booth at Stitches and I loved it immediately! Seriously, one skein ($10.95) makes this gorgeous scarf!



Didn't really have the modeling vibe tonight, but was so excited to see it done. Its off in the mail tomorrow to my best friend in Colorado. Its 6" x 70" after a light steam blocking.


So as I finished knitting the Malabrigo scarf this weekend, I kept seeing shades of purpley-pink!

I love my blues, but I also love my shades of pink. My malabrigo scarf, my alpaca-silk ruffle scarf, my peony sock (a UFO I took out this weekend after months, not sure why originally... but when I saw these together...must have been thinkin' pink! more details about this sock this week), and my HWY 30 STR sock!


So after a VERY long drive home from Reno, Rowan and I arrived home, TIRED. But, then there was a package from my Knitty Secret Pal 8! There were a few other goodies in the package but my favorite was this!


She made me this perfect knitting bag! I've been eyeing them on her blog and at her etsy shop and she made me one!! And doesn't it just make you want to be on vacation and in Florida. Relaxing. Knitting. Notice how its blue too. I love my SP!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scarf came out fantastic! What was the name of the pattern? Beautiful. I have one skein of some lovely green Malabrigo that I'd love to use for something like that! And, great bag from your SP8! Looks like she took good care of you!
-Your Spring Fling Knittyboard SP

Zonda said...

I love it! It turned out beautiful! I need that pattern too! Great way to use up some of mine!

Heather said...

Omg, no kidding! What's the pattern name?? I looked all over the Imagiknit site & couldn't find it. I MUST make that scarf! It's just gorgeous!

sgeddes said...

that is beautiful! i love the pattern. Of cousre the yarn is lovely.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I'll check the pattern when I get home...I think it was just "shop sample # _____" but I will check the number when I get home :) Thanks for all the love !!

ZantiMissKnit said...

Okay, so THAT is gorgeous! What colorway is that? Your friend is a very lucky recipient, but she should be warned that Malabrigo is *very* addictive!

cpurl17 said...

That scarf looks fantastic in Malabrigo!

It looks like the Seafoam scarf.

BTW, can you believe I've never been to ImagiKnit?

xx A said...

ONE SKEIN?! Uh, yeah, I'm knitting this scarf. Can you link to the pattern, pretty please??

ShareThis