Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cast on your Cottys!

Its July 1st! And the Socks that Rawk Knitalong for the Cotty and Dippers sock has officially begun! I am super excited to see all the pretty Cotty socks! Thank you all so much for your support!

I'm casting on a pair for my mom. She said she grabbed from the top of her STR stash from Stitches a few years ago and I could pick. Well, actually, she is hoping for three pairs of socks. We'll have to see about that.

Mom's Stash

Mom's Socks
I picked this Rare Gems skein to use for her Cotty Socks. Seriously, mom doesn't quite knit socks yet, but she's got a few Rare Gems in her stash. Gotta love it! I think I can take credit for this!

I thought I would share some of my favorite pictures of my great-aunt Cotty, whom I named the socks after. I took these four years ago, right after my grandmother (her sister) had passed away, and when Bailey was just a few months old.

Pizza
Bailey loved to sit by Cotty!

Eat Pizza
I wonder why!

Please
What? The pizza?

Cotty and Bailey
Can you just tell that Bailey got a little bit of the crust?! hehehehe

Happy Cast-On Day!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

17 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hmm, smart mom, buying yarn that you can't resist :D. I just love the one you chose!

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, that photo montage is hilarious!!!

Caffeine Girl said...

How fun to see who Cotty is!

Discoknits said...

Love the pics of Cotty (and Puddles). Maybe your mom needs to knit a scarf with her STR. Or maybe you could give her sock knitting lessons ;0)

Rani said...

Great photos! What a little story they tell. Hee hee.

Won't it be fun to see all the different versions of Cotty sock moving along those needles!?

chemgrrl said...

How awesome that you've influenced your mom in this way. :)

Bailey was so cute!

Scrabblequeen said...

First, Baily is THE cutest pup! Second, I wanna knit some Cottys, and I can! Woot. Fun to see the person associated with the sock name.

Unknown said...

What a lovely lady Cotty is. I love Bailey. Your patterns are fantastic, enjoy your travel week. g

Anonymous said...

OMG that skein on the right are so my colors..man i should be looking at STR more often!

I think the skein you picked will make very pretty socks for her!

and i just got your pattern(s)! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of Cotty with Bailey. So cute. :S

Tricia said...

awwwww. so sweet - I love that you have pictures of Aunt Cotty and Baily together. Priceless expressions!

cupcakefaerie said...

I cast on! Can't wait to see how your mom's Rare Gem knits up.

Lovely (and precious) photos of your auntie and puppy!

Tece said...

I'm to the heel flap on my first Cotty. (Okay, I confess, I started a little early...) By the way, Cotty is a name I've never heard before...is it short for a longer name?

Zonda said...

Aww, thanks for sharing a picture of Cotty with Bailey! :) I need a smaller needle or another yarn for my Cotty's. Will wait til I get home :)

weezalana said...

Hey cool, can I grab yarn from the top of your mom's STR stash, too? ;)

SissySees said...

Love the photos. They remind me of my great aunt and her dogs. (She was a knitter too, but not of socks!)

tapmouse said...

Love the pics of Aunt Cotty and Bailey! I'm totally skipping on the Honey Dippers since I knew up-front they would be a 'thinky' knit. The Shurt'ugals are enough for now!

tapmouse said...

Love the pics of Aunt Cotty and Bailey! I'm totally skipping on the Honey Dippers since I knew up-front they would be a 'thinky' knit. The Shurt'ugals are enough for now!

ShareThis