Saturday, October 16, 2010

And the winner is...

I've picked a name for my new scarf pattern! Thank you again for all of the suggestions!

IMAG0040

Introducing.... Le Petit Pont (little bridge in French). And when I googled it, this picture showed up, and I knew it was perfect. Notre-Dame. Eleven years ago when I was in Paris, I probably stood on this bridge. I have to thank Sandi Rosner for her fabulous name suggestion! Yes, that Sandi Rosner, the one who designed the Four Seasons Wrap that I happen to be knitting on right now. And I'm not sure I have yarn in my stash that Sandi would want, but I have a better idea of a prize for her!!

Four seasons wrap kal

So I picked another random winner from the name contest too! Elizabeth D! Congratulations! Email me at irishgirlieknits AT gmail DOT com and I'll get a prize out to you!


When I was knitting this scarf and thinking of springtime in Paris, I also knew I wanted to knit this pattern in a worsted yarn. I just loved the texture the lace fabric created. And then I suggested my idea to Erica for an infinity scarf and cowl pattern out of Solace and she loved it! So, really, I needed two names, since I thought these patterns coordinated nicely.

The next pattern will be Pont Neuf, another bridge in Paris. I suggested a photo shoot in Paris, but for some reason, that didn't make the budget :) Maybe next time.

Here is a sneek peak of the infinity scarf version of Pont Neuf in progress.

IMG_4553

It is blocking now! Phew! As the photo shoot is tomorrow.....

Patterns coming soon!!

Happy Weekend!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

8 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Gorgeous! Love the name.

Zonda said...

What a perfect name!! Congrats to the winners! Sorry you can't have the photo shoot in Paris though ;)

Rani said...

Great name! And, as usual, beautiful knitting!

gMarie said...

Great name for a great pattern. Can't wait to see the new design. g

sandi said...

So what is my prize? Is the photo of the pumpkin a hint? Glad you liked the name, and can't wait to see the Solace cowl. Have a great time at Stitches.

dianne said...

Great names and beautiful designs!!

SissySees said...

Love the names and the newest creations.

Erica said...

Glad you chose Sandi's name. Perfect name for a girl like you with a design so fab! And I'm super excited that the scarf inspired a cowl out of Solace.

We should really work on a budget for a Paris photo shoot. Just kidding!

ShareThis