A list of what my September has consisted of so far....
1. College football has started! I sat glued to the tv Saturday enjoying the games, especially the Notre Dame vs. Navy game. Go Irish! Nice to start off the season with a win!!
2. I was sick this weekend. Figures that I have a holiday weekend and I'm exhausted and sick. Oh well. At least I was able to stay on the couch or in bed and get better. Saturday I think I went through an entire box of kleenex. My nose and throat were just awful. But, I think I kicked whatever I had, just in time to go to work tomorrow.
3. Tea. Thank goodness for tea this weekend to soothe my throat. My favorites included this one
and this one.
4. Anticipation. Fall is just around the corner. My absolute favorite season! I love everything about it...the slight chill in the air, the color of the leaves, football weekends, pumpkin bread, fall tv is back....
5. I finished reading Gone Girl
this weekend. Great book that I just couldn't put down once I got into it. A psychological thriller with two seriously messed up characters. I still can't believe that my sister read this book just a few weeks before her wedding, considering it is about a married couple. Have any of you read it? What did you think? I'm kind of on the fence about my next read....any suggestions?
6. I went through my stash and tidied it up a bit. Which really means, gathered up a bag of yarns to destash. I've tried a new strategy this year. I've kept yarn that I bought or planned to knit with soon (e.g., for a project from a yarn company/indie dyer) in a basket out in plain view. My goal is to actually see that pile decrease. They are all yarns I'd knit with tomorrow if I could. Of course, my knitting has been a bit slow this past summer with the wedding and the move. And the pile hasn't really gotten much smaller. So every month or so, I then get realistic about the other yarns stored in bins in the closet. If my small "I want to knit you now" pile isn't getting much smaller, how am I ever going to get to you lovelies. It really is down to lovelies at this point. I think I only bought two skeins of yarn the past few months and I can't wait to knit with them. Two skeins of cashsilk lace by Sweet Georgia.
I feel in love with laceweight yarns while knitting my sister's wedding shawl. I now have 8 skeins of laceweight yarn total in my ginormous stash. I can't tell you enough how nice it is to know the exact number and colors, etc. Because when it comes to sock yarn or sport or worsted or even bulky, I can't even tell you. That's also what motivates the destash. I'm guessing the move has spurred this bit of minimalist stash philosophy. I'm just going to go with it for now.
7. I'm knitting a secret design. After that, I'm working on another secret design. Depending on how quickly I get those done, I may be able to squeeze in some not secret knitting before my next secret design. But then that should be it on the secret knitting for the year. I guess I'm trying to tell you that I may be hurting for actual knitting content over the next few weeks. Although, I do hope to have a few new designs to you...so don't go too far :)
8. I did make a big ol' pot of chili last night. Yum.
9. Doggies. One bonus of being sick all weekend was getting lots of doggie snuggles.
And with that, I think it is time for bed.