Happy Friday! It has been such a lovely summer week here. So nice to sit on the patio at knit night, needles clicking away amidst the laughs, until the sun went down. I love the long summer days (well, until it is too hot and I dream of chilly fall evenings). I discovered a few things, some crafty, some not, that I wanted to share.
1. The return of the mojo. The pattern designing mojo to be specific.
I think perhaps I just needed to bring myself to a cafe for it to happen?!
2. Craftmas in July. Mary Heather and the other fun ravelry ladies have a great idea about crafting for the holidays in July, when we aren't up to our ears in holiday knitting. I may either get a head start on some Christmas gifts, or finally start on this cute advent calendar (so inspired by Knitterella's version) or these fabulous ornament kits that I bought last year and didn't get a chance to put together.
3. Wavelength by Knitterella. Perhaps this could be one of the gifts I knit in July.
I bought the pattern as soon as it was available because I just have to get over my colorwork fear. Don't get me wrong. I know colorwork isn't hard. I've taken a class on it and did a little of it in a baby project or two when I first learned to knit, but I haven't done it in so long, I think I have to just jump in a cast on.
4. Irish Pub Rock Station on Pandora is made of win. And makes me think of Erica!
5. Sunshine Yarns. Ok, not something I've discovered as I've loved Dani's colorways for quite awhile. I can't even say it is the new gradients I've discovered. Really, I've been trying to limit my yarn purchases for some time, but in the past few weeks, there have been a few I couldn't resist.
Pure lovely, right? I think these pretties may explain why the design mojo is back.
6. Cranford, a charming BBC series on Amazon Prime that Cupcakefaerie recommended. A few episodes in and I love it!
Any new discoveries lately? I'd love to hear! Hope you all have a fantastic weekends!