Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy Fall

image

Doesn't this cake look delish! I left it at the bakery though. We had just a bit of rain this week and it was lovely.

image

Just in time for fall, I finished a pair of fingerless gloves in Plucky Knitter Scholar, a new design I'm working on.

image

Actually, I finished these gloves a few weeks ago. Except, I had a little problem. I think I told you I haven't been feeling well the past few weeks, between long days at work and dealing with some new chronic pain issues from where I had radiation (yeah, cancer sucks), knitting has been a nice stress reliever, but.....

image

OOPS.  Fortunately, the problem was discovered at knit night, where there was beer and good friends. I had to put the gloves in time out for a few days, knit my Naylor Street Hat, and then I frogged the glove, and started anew.

image

image

image

I finished them this past week and my sister did a quick model for me yesterday. Now I just need to write up the pattern.

image

image

Look who loves pushing her little walker! She loved going for a walk yesterday at halftime of the Notre Dame game!!

And I loved those cables so much, I cast on a coordinating hat in Plucky Knitter Bello Worsted. Here's a progress picture yesterday at Lil Snowboarder's soccer game.

image

I love knitting with Bello so much it is hard to put down. Seriously.

image

So what's on your needles? I hope you all had a nice weekend.

Happy knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

4 comments:

peaknits said...

What a gorgeous new design! I'm sorry you have not been feeling so great, cancer does indeed suck!

Renee Anne said...

::sigh:: I suppose if you had enough, you could have made two of the other glove and had two matching pairs. But, frogging and fixing was probably the better idea.

Also, the rain was glorious...except for the bubble that appeared in our ceiling. At least we found it and it didn't burst all over.

Tricia said...

Just love the mitts! Can't wait to make them.

So so sorry you've still got pain. That truly sucks.

Jane said...

The mitts are so pretty. I hope you are feeling better. No fun.

ShareThis