Monday, June 1, 2015

Good Things.

Two very good things.

1. This past weekend I wasn't at TNNA, the knitting industry's trade show, but my designs were. I love working with Anzula Yarns, and I have a new design that I'll be releasing soon featuring their new yarn, Croquet. Can you see it below?


image

Cannon Beach in For Better or Worsted, at Anzula's Booth at TNNA

There is one day left of TNNA, so if you are there, be sure to stop by Anzula in Booth #747 to see my designs and then stop by Deep South Fibers in Booth #1048, my wholesale distributor to order them! 

2. One reason I'm not at TNNA is because at the end of June, I'm moving to Anchorage, Alaska! Yes, this San Francisco Bay Area born and raised girlie is going on an Alaska Adventure! I have an exciting job opportunity working at a small, ABA company with children with autism, and I'll be able to see that new special guy everyday too! My current job has been really stressful given my health issues this past few years, so I'm looking forward to a little less responsibility, while still doing the same work. I'll still be home every few months for my preventative treatments, so I'm hoping I won't miss my family too much (who am I kidding! I'm heartbroken that I won't be seeing Magpie, Lil Snowboarder, and Lil Guy whenever I want, but thank goodness for FaceTime!). 

image

Alyeska_14b4d37a69_web

To help celebrate, I'm having an Alaska Adventure sale on all my patterns $6.00 or less all month long! Receive 20% off by entering the code: adventure  This includes my new pattern, Kenmare Lace Fingerless Gloves, which is already on sale until June 10.

Lots of good things happening. Hope good things are happening for you too!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I suppose we're going to wind up with a bunch of winter designs because it gets cold in Alaska......mittens and hats and scarves and such?

Unknown said...

I will miss having you just across the bay from me. Best wishes for your big move and all the good things to come in your life.

Robin Turner said...

All the best to you in your new adventure, Carrie!

Tina said...

That is so awesome and what a great advice!

Tina said...

Darn it I mean adventure!

Marjorie M. said...

You'll love Anchorage and Alaska, especially with a sweetie up here! Welcome in advance to Alaska!

GeniaKnitz said...

Bon Voyage, and have a wonderful time in Anchorage.
Just don't leave your blog behind; we'd miss you too much.
And are you going to tell the name of the gorgeous cowl (and the yarn it's knit in) that you're wearing?

GeniaKnitz said...

Oops, never mind, it's Alyeska - on your Ravelry page, and now in my computer. ;o)

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

So very exciting! Wishing you the best of luck in your new adventure.

ShareThis