I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the 4th of July weekend! To me July is the best of summertime starting off with a celebration and easing into a slower pace and lazy days until the rush of August and "back-to-school" madness.
Here's what I'm looking forward to in July:
1. Cheering on the U.S.A. Women's Soccer team! Sunday is the World Cup Final and the U.S.A. is on fire! Don't know if anything can top that fantastic game with Germany though - whew!
2. Outdoor movies in my hometown square. They started in June, but July is when hubby and I head out for movies outdoors with fresh popcorn, and treats.
3. Reading, reading, reading. I went to the American Library Association conference for the first time and was given a crazy amount of books! So excited to dive in and read.
4. A trip to NYC! Yippee! One of my very favorite cities in the world. I'm going to the BlogHer conference and extending my time to hang out.
5. Knitting. No surprise there. I've not been knitting as much, but then found a great audiobook (The Martian) that is perfect company.
Do you have any summer traditions or things you look forward to every year?
Let us know in the comments below and I'll pick someone to win a copy of "60 Quick Knits From America's Yarn Shops."
This book has great projects that would be stunning in some Plucky or other luxury yarn. I especially like this lacy hat:
The giveaway will be open through July 5, 2015 and the winner will be chosen at random.
Can't wait to hear about your summer!
----Update Comments Closed---- Winner will be announced soon ----