1. I'm going to start with an easy one. Did you see Clara Parke's 2015 Gift List? So many lovely things on it. I'll be honest. I ordered a little something for myself from Tolt Yarn and Wool. Sister, don't look....I have dreams of knitting this for Magpie (or me and Pa someday!).
2. For all of us MI-5 lovers out there, did you know there was a movie that just came out?! Quite enjoyable!! We rented it this weekend and loved it. Oh how I wish Netflix would bring MI-5 back. It was perfect for knitting deadline marathons. I should also mention Jon Snow is in MI-5. Enough said.
3. Balancing the holiday treats with healthy cooking! I'm still trying new healthy recipes to keep it interesting too. New favorites include this Baked Oatmeal (so good for a holiday brunch!). There are a few different versions of the same style recipe by Heidi Swanson here and here. I used raspberries and almonds, btw. Delish!
Another winner was this beef, leek and barley soup from Smitten Kitchen. I made this for the second time this past weekend and substituted stew meat (less fat) instead of the short ribs and added more veggies (green beans and carrots and celery). Another winner!
4. Knitting by the fire. I'm on a secret design deadline, so the view of the fire is all you get for now (sorry!).
5. 'Tis the season for flannel sheets and falling asleep to the nutcracker soundtrack. My seasonal favorites.....da da da da da da da da da da dadadadadada....
6. Our next pattern sale! Adare and Adare Fingerless Gloves. I just love this set, and I especially love some of the projects that have been popping up on the project pages too! You should check them out (this is my favorite probably...every hat now needs a pompom!)
Each pattern is 50% through Dec. 10, 11:59pm PST, so just $3 each! Maybe a knitter you know has them in their queue....perfect time for a RAK?
Speaking of which....those of you on Instagram, have you seen the #getyouryarnwishesgranted? Talk about warm and fuzzy...I love it! I've already granted one wish....I'm just not fast enough granting the other wishes before someone else has gotten there. And also self-striping sock yarn is a very highly-wished for item. And I have none. Well, one skein of Canon Hand Dyed on my needles.
7. The munchkins in my life. My cup runneth over when I'm with them.
Someone else loves gingerbread cookies just as much as Auntie does!!
8. Yesterday (well, technically I'm still up late so really today in my book!) marked the start of the Year of Mercy for the Catholic Church. It is a Jubilee Year and Pope Francis has deemed it the Year of Mercy. Quite fitting for our world right now. A good thing in my book.
mercy: a broad term that refers to benevolence, forgiveness and kindness in a variety of ethical, religious, social and legal contexts.
Notre Dame has a prayer site that I kind of love. It emails you daily prayers (anyone can sign up). I don't check the email every day, but on days that I need it, it is perfect. A small passage from the bible, a prayer, and a relevant story. And by relevant, I mean meaningful for us. How I remember the homily being during Mass when I was in college. Not something over my head or about something I couldn't relate too. Anyways, I thought I would share this today, in case one of you needed a little extra love and light. Insert your words for your God/faith/divine power where it says Holy Spirit/Lord or instead of Church, I like to think of me/us/community.
9. Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate it!
10. Not necessarily a good thing....but 15 knitting days til Christmas. I'm so behind!
11. YAY!! I'm adding this one...it wasn't available last night when I posted. Kate Davies' new book is available (or here it is on ravelry). I've enjoyed seeing each of the new patterns she's released....the one club I've kicked myself for not joining! It looks lovely. I splurged and just ordered it. Thanks Santa!