Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Blanket that Rocks!!




Project: Log Cabin Blanket + Socks that Rock = Blanket that Rocks

Inspiration: Cara's Blankets and Mason-Dixon Knitting

Ingredients: STR In the Navy, Midsummers Night, Blue Moonstone in Heavyweight; one skein each; additional 1/4 skein of In the Navy for border; size 6 needles

Date Began: 4/4/07

Date Completed: 5/7/07

Measurements: 33.5" x 32"

Notes: I relied a lot on the basic Log Cabin Blanket Pattern in Mason-Dixon Knitting. In regards to the color choices when picking which strip to start next, I used the three colors in different orders, but always the three colors. For example, dark (D), medium (M), light (L), then L, M, D, then M, L, D, etc.... Had an equal number of strips on each side. Followed the border from Mason-Dixon after I got helpful input from Disco and Knit Me a River (thanks!!), and Rowan too. When I make another, I may try to find four colors that I love together to make blanket a bit bigger. But I LOVE this blanket (oh, recipient: me).





Let's see how it works in its natural environment!




On the couch.

On my bed. See how it matches my comforter. And how Bailey is not quite sure she is allowed on this blanket :)

Gratuitous Puddles photo.

Thanks for cheering me on with this project (and putting up with blue after blue after blue progress posts!). I have to agree with Little Guy... this Blanket Rocks!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

12 comments:

Zonda said...

That does rock! Love the colors! Glad you are keeping it! You *almost* (key word-almost) make me want to knit one!

Libi said...

Lovely blanket. Great job! Cute, cute baby!

Discoknits said...

I'm green. That's all.

sgeddes said...

Love it! The border worked out great. I've ordered some heavyweight to knit my own.
What size needle did you use?

Unknown said...

Love the blanket. And I really like how the stripes aren't uniform. It makes it really interesting.

I'm making a clapotis out of heavy weight. Don't you just love that yarn?

Jessica said...

It's great! You gave me inspiration to finish my sister's baby blanket! Thanks. :D

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Congratulations!

Annie said...

That is a rockin' blanket! Great job!

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm, a STR blankie! Better tell that baby some STRaholics might try to mooch that. ;)

Just kidding! Who could steal from that cutie? Great blanket!

Calling on Kahlo said...

The blanket is beautiful, wonderful job. I am fascinated by the log cabin.

Wool Girl said...

I'm so happy I checked out your blog - it's awesome! I absolutely love that blanket! My DH has been begging me for 2 years to knit him a blanket - this may be the one! I love it! Great colors!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that blanket is gorgeous! Love all the different shades of blue and the pattern.

ShareThis