Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WIP: The UFO Edition

Cast on June 2006. Ack! Didn't touch at all last year. Gorgeous clapotis-to-be...please forgive me.





I'm just not sure why this has been a UFO for as long as it has been. Its my second Clapotis (I love my first!) in the same yarn. I splurged at Stitches West 2006 and bought this from Oak Grove Yarns. The yarn is Gemini (50% silk, 50% merino) in the colorway Desert Sand. I absolutely love it! And since Disco finished her Clapotis, I've been wanting to get back to mine. Throw in some encouragement, and this UFO is now a fully-functioning WIP! I'm half way done and started a few rows last night. My first goal is to maybe have it done by the end of the month for the January Finish a UFO contest over at Skeins Her Way. We'll see. If not, definately in time for Stitches West to show Disco when she comes to visit!!!!!!

But there are a few other WIPs that may distract me between now and then.



Monkey socks for me!

Cropped Cardi for Little Guy's Mom!
Thank goodness I have an understanding SIL who doesn't mind very late Christmas gifts!


I do have a nice 3-day weekend coming up to get some serious knitting done!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

11 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

Are your monkey's in two yarns, or is it one skein striping with the dark & light sections? The blue sections look like your ND socks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those WIPs and the UFO look great! Good for you for picking that back up! Can't wait to see it finished!!!

Bezzie said...

I like the colors on those Monkeys!

sgeddes said...

The clapotis will be beautiful.

Thos socks look really funa dn lively. I love all the color.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you must finish the clapotis! It is so pretty!

Zonda said...

Finish le'Clapotis...you can do it!!! Those Monkey's are wild!! Perfect!...but ya gotta finish the Clap first... ;) yeah, me who just frogged mine ;)albeit the scarf version, but still!

Discoknits said...

Your clap is beautiful. Finish it, finish it. And the monkeys are really unusual. Like Kasiaiscarly says, it looks like two different yarns.

And I'd be happy to wait for my christmas pressy too, if it was a handknit cropped cardi :-)

Batty said...

Loads of WIPs. Keep going! That Clap will be done before you know it, and that cardi can be finished during the 3 day weekend (of which I'm totally jealous, by the way, because I don't get tomorrow off). Have fun!

Auntie Pudentaine said...

Oh my gosh! WHAT is the yarn in your Monkey socks?!! Amazing!

Do you live far from Tahoe? I noticed your trip here, and I am a lucky duck who gets to stay 24/7...born and raised! Beautiful pictures, and glad you had a safe fun trip!

tapmouse said...

And serious knitting you did! You know, I did not need to hear about Oak Grove yarns because (even though I swore I'm not going to SW this year !) IF I were to go and all...well, ya know...I just don't need an excuse to go snooping over at that booth and getting some of that yarn for a -ahem!-Clapotis!-LOL! Yeah, right, me knit a Clapotis! Well, knit part of one, yes. Complete one...I'm not so sure about that!

Neuroknitter said...

Those monkeys are going to be awesome!!

ShareThis