Monday, January 28, 2008

They Made My Day!

Last week, both Danette, Carly, Lisa and Gail awarded me with the "You Make My Day Award." And it made my day knowing that other people enjoy reading the blog. Being part of the knitting blogging community I've met so many great people and its one of my favorite things that has come from blogging.


So here's the deal, "Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times."


In no particular order, here are just a few of the people whose blogs make me smile and laugh and inspire me!
Bezzie (love her sense of humor!)
Turtlegirl76 (fabulous knitting, witty comments, and cutest cats!)
Memoirs of a Midwestern Girl (she doesn't knit yet, but she sure does inspire!!)
Discoknits (in addition to the knitting, its those cutie-patootie boys that make me smile)
Neuroknitter (a picture says 1000 words, and I LOVE her pictures)
Tiennie Knits (prolific knitting and gorgeous photos inspire me)
Zknitter, Tapmouse, Stilaholic Nartian, and Chicken Knits (the yarn pRon alone inspires me!!!!)


In knitting news, I did get a bit of knitting done in between the King Cake and working and bead catching! Of course, one of the socks I finished I left at my friend's house so no picture as of yet(an STR sock that distracted me from my monkey socks). My monkey socks are moving along and I finished a fun new scarf (but I need Rowan to help with the photos).


So, instead I will show you another Thorpe Hat that I finished a couple weeks ago (I think January can officially be called my hat month....there is one more Thorpe Hat that was finished too, but Rowan wants to take pictures in the snow for that!).


Cashmere Thorpe Hat

cashmere Thorpe Hat

No, its not another hat for Snowboarder. This one is for Dad, but Snowboarder willingly agreed to model (he noted that fortunately for Dad the hat was a bit big on him so he wouldn't steal it). Oh, and Boondock Saint, look Snowboarder is smiling!

The yarn is the yummy, Donegal Cashmere Tweed (100% Cashmere) from School Products that I bought back in August on our NYC trip. Finally dipping into that stash!

Happy Knitting!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

13 comments:

Discoknits said...

Aaaw, thanks for the award:-) I'll be posting some cute pics of the boys soon - I have some in the camera ready to go.

Your new hat is great. You and snowboarder are quite the smiley couple :-)

turtlegirl76 said...

You'd better be careful. Snowboarder is going to grow into that hat but quick if you keep featuring him on the blog and having all us women fawn all over him. ;)

Thank you so much for the award. Is it Fra-gee-lay?

sgeddes said...

I love the hat and it looks great on Snowboarder.

Auntie Pudentaine said...

I would be happy to send some snow your way! If only I could toss it that far, but sadly I can only manage to get it to the top of my 6 foot snow banks and no further! Yowza! Yesterday morning was a good day to be a Snowboarder I'll tell you what!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!! Right back atcha!

Snowboarder is sure loving all these hats - me too!

tapmouse said...

Another great hat! And another great pic of Snowboarder! OK, two pics of him, but I really like the one of him smiling best. OH-but as for looking at the hat, I guess the first pic with him not smiling is a better pic of the hat!-lol!

Welcome home! I want some King Cake!!! Guess you didn't get the baby, huh?

tapmouse said...

PS-You mega-make my day! Awesome Blog Girl, you! ;)

hearthead said...

..........I guess I had better start a blog.......
p.s. did you do what I think you did to aquire so many beads?!?

cpurl17 said...

You do have a wonderful blog!

That hat is adorable and Turtlegirl is right, Snowboarder is getting quite the fan club!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet idea with the awards! Congrats on whipping out yet another great hat! Snowboarder is really becoming a regular blog model isn't he!? He looks like he's having fun too!

Neuroknitter said...

Thank you, thank you for the award!! Blush.

Love the new hat!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! You make my day too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Snowboarder has teeth!!!! Great looking hat.

ShareThis