Friday, August 24, 2007

YPF: The New York Edition

One of my favorite stores in New York City was School Products. In addition to having every Karabella yarn imaginable, because of their connections in Italy the owners are able to get discount cashmere that is leftover from the designers (e.g., Armani, Gucci). I'm paraphrasing from my wonderful conversation with the owner's husband. He was so helpful in showing me his favorites, telling me more about the store, etc.

My favorite yarn, and the one I bought a lot of (let's just say Dad, Rowan, Snowboarder, me, etc. are all getting gorgeous hats for the holiday!) was the Donegal Cashmere.






The colors I took home with me.



And I couldn't resist taking a picture of the wall of Karabella Aurora yarns! After all, its my yarn nickname :) That's not even all of the colors.

The surprise Rowan has for everyone (especially Kim...are you reading??!!!!)....a mini-miracle happened in New York! Rowan was inspired to pick up her knitting needles (yes, she knits. literally, only knits. does not know how to purl. well, up until Monday she did not know how to purl, but she even asked me to teach her to purl at the airport?!). She finally finished the hat she has been working on for the past year or two!


I had her do a photo shoot in Central Park. She also bought some of the above Donegal Cashmere and some additional yarn at Purl Soho (seriously, for someone who has only known the knit stitch for the past five years, her stash is very very nice). She even has packed another project for our weekend visiting my Great-Aunt in Reno this weekend! Go Rowan!!

Happy Weekend!!

xoxox Irishgirlieknits

6 comments:

Zonda said...

Oh Wow! That Donegal Cashmere is gorgeous! Yay for Rowan!! Nice hat! Have a super weekend!

Discoknits said...

Rowan is Hubbs' knitting sister!!! How funny. Good for her, finishing her hat, it looks great.

And the cashmere looks awesome too - nice colours. I'm loving the grey and brown (they didn't have any blue?) :-)

Have fun at Auntie's this weekend - you'll have her knitting too, I just know it :-) :-) :-)

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooooh Donegal Cashmere! Nice score! And yay for learning the purl stitch! The hat is very cute.

Batty said...

New York is only about 4 hours from here... it'd be so worth the trip for some of that lovely cashmere! What gorgeous yarn, and I can tell it's all soft and squishy just by looking at it.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! So darn jealous!

Anonymous said...

Go . . . umm Rowan!?!? I'm so proud. We definitely need a girls knitting weekend . . . maybe even in NEW YORK! We can purl @ Purl!

ShareThis