Friday, August 31, 2007

YPF! The New York Edition- Part II

After my fabulous yarn purchases at School Products in New York, Rowan and I headed to The Point. Still on my cashmere high, I showed some restraint here although I loved this perfect blend of yarn store and cafe. Rowan relaxed with a tea while I shopped. In the sale basket, for 70% off, I found the last three skeins of Punta Del Este Yarns Mericash Solid in chocolate brown and blue. So my colors.

80% merino, 20% cashmere means soft soft soft. Probaby will be a scarf of some sort, but I couldn't resist all three for $15 total (which is still less than what just one skein at $17 costs!).

Later we headed to Purl and Purl Patchwork. I love the yarns that Purl carries and I'm fortunate that there are a few LYS here that carry similar yarns. However, there were a few that caught my eye and I took home with me. Here are two skeins of O-Wool Classic 2-Ply. The color is a bit more muted than it appears here. A perfect DK weight for socks or maybe something for Little Guy. I think Disco bought this same yarn in a different color when she was there a few weeks ago too.


I couldn't resist the softness of Pear Tree Australia's Knitting Yarn in the light worsted weight. The colorway is grass (again, wonky camera tonight doesn't do the pale green color any justice).



100% merion wool but it is so soft it reminds me of alpaca. I can't wait to knit this up. I was thinking something for Hot Mama's little baby on the way maybe. Rowan bought three different colors of this yarn in the heavy worsted to make a scarf and hat too (told you she got bit by the knitting bug!).

I also bought some fabric at Purl Patchwork, but I'm hoping to get lots of crafting done this weekend so keep an eye out for it in a future FO maybe?! Or maybe that's wishful thinking for my weekend. We'll see.

Happy Weekend!!!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

3 comments:

Discoknits said...

Great yarn purchases. LOVE the blue and brown sale yarn - that looks like it will be smooth and squishy to knit with. And really great colours. Well done on a bargain well had :-) :-)

Isn't the Point AWESOME? I could hang there all day. Starbucks should start carrying yarn.

The Australian yarn looks really nice too. Soft.

Zonda said...

Lovely colors!!! They look so soft too!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

ShareThis