Wednesday, August 8, 2007

WIP: The New Orleans Edition

I leave Thursday morning for my work trip to New Orleans (my fourth trip since Katrina, I'd been three times before that). And I have some packing done. The important part of course.

Its a mini-yarn-mardi gras! Doesn't that just make you want to party! It seems like a lot, I'm actually hoping I'll finish four of those six (yikes!) projects. The new cast ons include Monica for a nine-month old, so I'm hoping that will be a quick knit and that's STR Spot Rock One for Baby Booties that Rowan "commissioned." I figured I can eek out a pair of booties, and a pair of mini-monkeys :)

I usually get lots of knitting done on the long plane rides and the first few nights that I'm not staying actually in the French Quarter (e.g., I'll be working Friday-Monday). I'm also hoping to finally finish the dream swatch (I think that poor thing was cursed by being cast on at the emergency room back in May on the day from hell, but I shall persevere! its a scarf?!) and the practically matching, fabulously cute mini-monkeys! And I just have to bring Tuscany and Tomato because, well, that's what I really want to be working on! Tomato has made no progress and I probably shouldn't bring it because I have so much already, but I'm worried it will become a UFO if I'm not careful. And yes, I realize I have WAY overthought my knitting packing. That's why its my passion :)

And speaking of Mardi Gras, as I was taking pictures, I realized my prize from Turtlegirl's Fabulous Contest just screams "I want to be a Mardi Gras Jaywalker Scarf!" Those colors are perfect! It might be a perfect scarf for one of my colleagues in New Orleans :) Thank you Cristi! I love it!

MMMMM....can't wait to have a praline and some sweet tea and yummy southern cookin' (okay, and the drive-thru daiquiri shop isn't a bad idea either!)!

Happy Travels! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

6 comments:

Zonda said...

Have a good trip!! Those LL's will make a really good scarf!

Ducktastic said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I went to New Orleans last January and absolutely fell in love. Those yarn colours are absolutely gorgeous, too!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! I've never been to New Orleans. :(

Heathermione said...

Make sure you're prepared for the unbearable heat and humidity! I'm about 7 hrs away from N'orlunz and it's about 104 F with 90+% humidity at this moment (5 pm). In other words, it's HAWT. Might want to bring some cotton or linen as a backup. (Not, of course, that heat stops me from touching/petting/caressing/coveting/working with wool.)

Unknown said...

Maybe just being in a different place & atmosphere will help kick in the finish-the-Dream-Swatch mojo.

Have a safe & fun trip!

Bianca said...

Delicious yarns to play with! :-)

ShareThis