Sunday, August 12, 2007

Booties that Rock!













































Pattern: Stay-On Baby Booties from Knitting for Baby

Yarn: Socks that Rock, lightweight

Colorway: Spot Rock One
Suprisingly, another colorway that wasn't quite me, but that I knew would be perfect for a baby whose mom is a little bit goth, little bit punk. I wish I had taken a picture of the skein before I wound it because I thought it would be much "brighter" with the purples and yellow. Instead, the green seems to balance out the brights. It was definately a hard color to capture, but I love it! So glad that there is plenty left over for mini-Monkeys!



One more day of work, then on to Bourbon Street I go!!! Thank you all for the wonderful compliments about the dream swatch!! It must be that humid, southern weather that made me glow :)


Happy Beignets!! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

12 comments:

Disco said...

Wow, you are cranking out the FOs this weekend. Well done. The booties are adorable. I love the ties. Does N'Orlanz have yarn stores? Or is it all party, party, party?
Hope you are having fun.

sgeddes said...

The booties are super cute! I have that pattern saved away somewhere to use leftover sock yarn.

Have a great time in New Orleans!

Sarah said...

Those booties are so fun!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Baby Odelle will love them : )
Rowan

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...

Those are so cute! Love that colorway too.

tiennie said...

Ack!! So sweet so sweet!

bufanditas said...

Those booties are so sweet!! That is one pattern I must definitely add to my collection

Faerynuff said...

They are yummy!

I love your dream swatch too :)

Heathermione said...

Those look fantastic!

littlepeepsmom said...

Oh my gosh these booties are the cutest! Makes my biological clock tick just looking at them! Awesome finished projects, I have loved looking at them.

Sheri at The Loopy Ewe said...

I love these booties! I have a friend that I need to make some for, so this was great time. Now I just need to go get the book. Thanks for the inspiration!

tapmouse said...

Oh-I love that Spot Rock! And the booties are absolutely adorable! Of course, there IS no Spot Rock up at the BMFA site now, is there?-lol!

Now as for the STR club socks...just see how long it takes me to get *my* Solstice Slip socks done! Starting is one thing; completing a massive acheivement for me!

ShareThis