Sunday, August 5, 2007

Maybe It Was the Shoes?

That motivated me to finish these socks so quickly. Or maybe it was the cloudy 68 degree weather today that enticed me to finish so that I could wear them today. Or maybe it was the addicting Embossed Leaves pattern. Could it have been the squishy Koigu that Disco sent me for my first pair of Koigu socks? Or the excitement of mailing off my Sockapalooza Pal socks and reading that she loves them. All I know is that in just EIGHT days these baby are done and I love them!
Its official. I am a sock knitter. I bought these Born Mary Janes partly due to the fact that my handknit socks would look cute peeking out while wearing them. Hurry, on sale until tonight online at Nordstrom.
Learned lots of new things with this pattern. For example, the star toe. Love love love. Maybe one of my favorite. The garter stitch border edge for the heel was also new. I thought it worked perfectly with this pattern.

Now off to start packing for my upcoming trips later this week! I leave for New Orleans for work on Thursday and get back the following Wednesday. Only to turn around and leave the next day for New York with Rowan!! First on the agenda for packing...what projects to bring?

Happy Knitting! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so very cute! I like your Mary Janes too!

Discoknits said...

Those Mary Janes are the cutest ever. I checked out Nordstrom,but they only had black left in my size - the patent look doesn't do much for me. Your socks are awesome too. Mine are still on the first cuff :-(

Anonymous said...

love the socks. I'll have to put these on my list to make.

Zonda said...

Those are fabulous girl!!! Hehe, I love getting shoes to match my socks! Have a good trip(s)!

xx A said...

Gorgeous! Nice knitting... vera nice.

Rachel said...

Adorable! I love the shoes too.

Heathermione said...

Wow, those socks totally rock! (And the shoes are pretty darned cute too!) And it's nice to see you've got your priorities right. I mean, who needs to pack clean socks when you could always just knit up another pair! :D

Batty said...

Awesome socks, they look adorable with the Mary Janes.

Unknown said...

Love your Embossed Leaves! Looks awesome in Koigu.

It's great you found something from the Nordies Anniv Sale. I struck out at my local Nordies since it's on the small side. Then again, I was looking for clogs.

Have a great trip to New Orleans. They've gotta have better weather than our drizzley foggy stuff.

Anonymous said...

The socks came out great and I LOVE the shoes. LOVE THEM.

cpurl17 said...

Love the socks and shoes. Isn't it funny how, after learning to knit socks, we search for cute shoes to show off our socks instead of the other way around?

Jo said...

The socks are fabulous, and I'm jealous of the shoes. Those are great sock knitter shoes. :)

ShareThis