Friday, April 11, 2008

TGIF!


A good friend asked me today, "Where have you been? I miss you." All with affection, but I responded, "In my car." Its been that kind of week. I had an out of town consultation case that I commuted three days a week this week for and between that and some other work stuff, let's just say 13 hours of driving. Thank God for my ipod! Oh, and our condo is having some remodeling done, so as pretty as part of it looks, my room is a disaster as it has become the storage area and now we get to put our house back together and get ready for the next part.

But really, who cares. Because as of right now...I'm on vacation!!! Going here!

Oh, and I got some purty yarn in the mail for FREE! (well, a trade, but that doesn't count, right Disco, wink wink!).

PigeonRoof Studios

PigeonRoof Studios

PigeonRoof Studios

PigeonRoof Studios

PigeonRoofStudios, Sport, color Gunmetal

Quick, there is some listed in her Etsy shop. And Woolgirl is having a big sale this weekend, including more colors of PigeonRoofStudios. When Krista contacted me on ravelry about wanting to purchase one of my destash yarns I just couldn't resist asking about doing a trade since I absolutely love her yarns. She offered me a few different ones and I chose this one, sight unseen. And I love it!

Now, the problem with our under construction house is that there is a bit more yarn out and about then usual (I'm usually good about keeping in tucked away hidden). So when Snowboarder saw this on my desk he immediately wanted a Koolhaas in it. Ugh. How can I resist. He wears his hats constantly. But then he quickly saw some Raven Twisted yarn I had out for a project and he wanted that (he so could be a knitter....he's got a color thing!). Either way, I'm working on socks for me right now. He'll have to wait. Shh!

Hope to have a FO to show soon before I leave for vacation Monday!!

Miss you all too!

xoxo Irishgirlieknits

14 comments:

peaknits said...

Oh, love the Pigeonroof - surfed right over to etsy because just what I need is some more yarn:) Her colorways are gorgeous and unique! Enjoy your vacation - and finishing a pair of socks for yourself!!

Discoknits said...

Socks? For yourself? How dare you! I hope you mean the Cedar Creek socks - they've been on your WIP list for ages. And they look so pretty. Can't wait to see them.

And swapping is, of course, ok. But only if you used said swapped yarn ;-)

Good to see you back in the land of the blogging :0)

turtlegirl76 said...

How many hats does Snowboarder need in a season? He needs to fess up and admit he has a hat fetish. Clearly, he has a problem and needs to be treated. No gunmetal koolhauss for him. It would just compound the problem. I think you need to hide that for a while and let it mysteriously turn into something for you instead. ;)

Anonymous said...

The yarn is of course beautiful! Enjoy vacation!!

Bezzie said...

I love that color--and I dig the name. That Pigeonroof stuff is quite nice.

Neuroknitter said...

That yarn will make a lovely Koolhaas hat for Snowboarder!

Stick to your guns...finish your socks first...we won't tell!!

Have a grand time up at Rosario!! I will need to purchase some green yarn to reflect my envy!!

weezalana said...

I believe you are correct - trades do not count. Actually, sock yarn in general doesn't count. So really, you don't have that big a stash at all... ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great color!. I dare not visit the Pigeonroof, who knows what can of trouble I'll get into. ;)

Unknown said...

I think you started a stampede on the Pigeonroof at Woolgirl's sale. Not that I didn't find anything else to buy. ;)

Have a safe trip on your vacation and I will see you soon. :D

Turtle said...

Nice yarn, enjoy your vacation time! It finally feels like summer is almost here, well at least today it does! Congrats on your stonehenge cover at STR !!

Zonda said...

Gorgeous yarn! Good thing it was gone by the time I got there ;)

Have a super vacation, can't wait to hear about it! ;)

cpurl17 said...

Jealous about the vacation but am looking forward to updates!!

Anonymous said...

It is pretty! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous! I've always wanted to go to the Rosario Resort (and spa). You'll have to tell us all about it when you return. I'm dying to see photos of it.

ShareThis