Thursday, April 1, 2010

Merrily Cowl

When I designed my Merrily socks, I loved the simplicity and repetition of the pattern and thought it would be perfect for a cowl.

Introducing.... the Merrily Cowl.

themerrilycowl

merrily.cowl.4

merrily.cowl.8

Knit with 2 skeins of Knit Picks Andean Silk, this cowl is just so drapey! I love it! Perfect accessory for spring! This is another design I did for the Knit Picks Independent Designer's Progam (and really, if you haven't, go check out the great designs over there!).

madtoshmerrily

This cowl takes just under 200 yards, so I had to try it out with my new lone skein of Madelinetosh Vintage yarn that I purchased at Stitches. Not quite as drapey as the Andean Silk, but I think the pattern holds up nicely in this yarn too!

merrily.madtosh

Pattern: Merrily
Yarn: ~ 190 yards of worsted weight yarn; shown in 2 skeins of Knit Picks Andean Silk, colorway Hollyberry; also shown in 1 skein of Madelinetosh Vintage, colorway Thyme
Needles: US size 6 (4.0 mm) or size to obtain gauge, DPNs or circular needles

Gauge: 20 sts = 4" over st st
Measurements: 12 1/2" width, 8 1/2" height

You may go directly to the Knit Picks site to purchase the Merrily Cowl pattern. The pattern is only $1.99, the price of all the Independent Designer's Patterns.

You can also purchase the pattern on my ravelry pattern page here .

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

16 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Bravo! Another winner. Great smile, too. (no April's fool, either)

Zonda said...

Just lovely! Go you!! :)

Batty said...

That red... wow. The cowl is amazing, and that read is fantastic.

Bezzie said...

I think I like it better in the M'Tosh!

cockeyed said...

love!

knittingknirvana said...

Beautiful!! :)

SissySees said...

Lovely - both you and the cowl.

Gigi said...

Oooo loverly!

Jo said...

Very pretty! Normally I would head for red first, but that green one is so lovely on you!

Neuroknitter said...

Love it!!

Happy Friday! Happy Easter!!

Anonymous said...

I've seen the green version in person, and believe it or not, it's even prettier than it looks in the pix. You rock!

Knitting Kris said...

I love it! Simply beautiful in both colors!

cupcakefaerie said...

So lovely! Looks beautiful in both yarns. Must be the design.

Virtuous said...

Very nice!! Especially in the Madelinetosh.

If only our spring didn't feel like summer here already!! 80 degrees on April 1st and 2nd!!

I need to wrap up my winter knits ASAP!

Another great design gurl!

JelliDonut said...

So pretty--you AND the cowl.

merry said...

I must knit this - since I'm Merry! Love the sock pattern Merrily too!

ShareThis