Sunday, April 25, 2010

A very happy day at camp!

Just one week ago I had a fabulous day at camp dyeing yarn with Tina!! Loved every, every minute of it!

IMG_3380

Of course, it was even more fun with Tina's fabulous assistant, Cockeyed!! Oh, I miss you already Debbi!!

IMG_3382

IMG_3381

It is inspiring just being around Tina's creativity!

So this time we experimented with overdyeing. First, my "uncomfortable" color from camp last year.


IMG_3378

IMG_3515

Can you believe it turned into this??? I love it!


IMG_3377

This gorgeous yarn is just a bit too bright for me, but a very good friend gave it to me! Thanks Marcy!! See, I was thinking of you at camp!

IMG_3516
I hope you don't mind that I turned it into this!

IMG_3511

We also got to play with 2 STR blanks. Here is my color gradation skein.

IMG_3510

I love this one too!


IMG_3502

As much as I loved dyeing my own yarn, well, Tina's colors just sing to me! Yes, just a sampling of my new stash!

Here's to a fabulous week ahead! If you haven't entered the Merrily contest yet, go here. Loving all of the suggestions so far- thank you!!!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great dying work! That sounds like so much fun and to learn from someone so talented is a huge bonus!

Jocelyn said...

Oh to be in Tina's presence....that would be one of the first things I plan on doing when I get to Canada: travel to Sock Camp in Port Ludlow!

Lovely dye work, Carrie.

Anonymous said...

awesome colors! i love your overdyes! yeah, that was bright huh? i love it now! hehe

SissySees said...

Now see... THAT almost makes me want to try dyeing. I could take the yarn that I like but don't love and morph it into love? Really?!

cockeyed said...

i miss you more.....

Unknown said...

Uh oh...you have a new talent!

weezalana said...

Great job overdyeing! I love the red one you dyed, too!

Neuroknitter said...

That much fun in one spot should be illegal...and those lovely colors you created, make it a downright felony!! :) :)

Zonda said...

Great overdying them! Oh to pick Tina's brain huh ;) What fun, maybe one day....

tapmouse said...

PS-loving all your new pretty yarns-and your creations are GREAT! So IrishGirlie!

ShareThis