Monday, February 28, 2011

Dear February

Where did you go?  I can't believe you flew by so quickly.  Well, I guess I can believe it. 

IMG_5301

IMG_5302
So much for my January and February planned Self-Imposed Sock Club socks.  Ugh.  Zero out of two.  But, I'm not giving up yet.  My goal was twelve socks from stash, so if I can whip these up before the end of the year, well, I'm still good, right?

A busy, busy February here.  First, there was my busy weekend with Lil' Guy.

IMG_5343
And when I came home from my birthday weekend with Lil' Guy, I had two awesome birthday packages to open.

IMG_5362
I love that Disco knits things for me!!!  Such a dear friend.  Love the washcloth, but Lil' Snowboarder really loved her new ring and bracelet!

IMAG0232
Too cute! And available in her etsy shop!

IMG_5366
The next package was this gorgeous skein of Yarn Hollow yarn from Erica!  Pretty!

Then just a few days later, the Stitches West fun was in full swing!  I just love this picture of my mom and Susie from Kollage Yarns.

IMG_5401

IMG_5409
Thayer signing autographs too!!  So proud of her new gorgeous shawl, Ysabell shawl!

Best paparrazi!
My friends were all so supportive of stopping by my meet-and-greets!  Tricia, Becky, Judy, and Diane....taking pictures of me, taking pictures of them!  Our SnB is too much fun!!

IMG_5439
Disco and I also took a class from Fiona Ellis.  Can I say amazing!!!  Bring on colorwork!!

Color!
These were my samples from class! I can't wait to do a colorwork project soon!

IMAG0262
Then, a day at the coast to relax from the Stitches West fun.

IMG_5454
Perfect place to take photos of my new cowl!! Disco also knit me an Ida for my birthday!!


IMG_5450
I love it and I had purchased a perfect pin from Romi at Stitches for it too!

And so I dropped Disco off at the airport, and less than two days later, I was off for a business trip to New Orleans!  Busy, fun trip filled with yummy food!

Emerils
Shrimp and grits from Emeril's!  Bam!

nola

nola1

Mardi Gras!


























And Mardi Gras parades!!!  Seriously fun!!!

Where's the February knitting you ask?!  Goodness, I don't know where it went.  I finished one secret design, a second is in the works, but other knitting...I didn't finish anything this month??!  Note, this didn't stop me from purchasing plenty of yarn at Stitches either (those pictures still to come!)!

IMG_5457
I did pick my spindle up again at Stitches West!

IMG_5463

And the heel of my handspun Cotty socks was turned and I was able to work on the foot a bit during my flights.  So thought these would be done by now.  Hopefully this week?!

Well, so long February.  Great times, but I'm looking forward to staying at home for a bit....well, at least until the end of the month when I go to....

SOCK CAMP!!

Happy Monday!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Debbi said...

So happy that I got to spend time with you at Stitches! Can't wait for Sock Camp!

sockdoc said...

Love the yarn...But a special spot for the Mardi Gras photos! It was the best library break while in school at Tulane....run, jump around, catch beads...Crazy fun! Glad you caught a parade!

Scrabblequeen said...

What a month! Good luck to you on that sock club thing....:-)

Jen said...

Looks like a good, but very busy February to me! Can't wait to see those new designs! :)

Caffeine Girl said...

What a great month! Having knitters for friends is great, isn't it?

I think that since you work in the knitting world, you're entitled to new yarn!

dianne said...

What a month! I love how your colorwork came out. It's so even. Nice job :-)

Discoknits said...

Wow, that WAS a packed month! And I was in it, yay for me :0) Hope you can catch your breath in March and crack out those designs. Remember though, Harry Potter is calling.......

SissySees said...

I don't know that I knitted much at all in February. I have a baby blanket to finish by the 17th!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! What a great post full of pictures!
Can't wait till CAMP!!!!!
xo

ShareThis