A week away in the snowy mountains with your bestest knitting friends is exactly what I needed last week.
And the sun came out too.
Although we were there for SOAR, I didn't take any classes because I had a pretty big to-do list already.
1) knit, write, and photo a design due this week. Check. Done :) Lots of knitting by the fireplace.
2) exercise. Lovely walks and a wonderful snowy swim in this pool.
3) Maybe, just maybe, try to actually learn to spin. While I didn't take a class, Tricia did and look at her go!
She inspired me to maybe try, while Cupcakefaerie pretty much insisted that I sit down when Mr. Ashford, the Mr. Ashford of Ashford Spinning Wheels encouraged me to try. See, I do have an Ashford traditional spinning wheel sitting in my garage. That's a story for another day. But I have to say, Mr. Ashford was absolutely lovely and a wonderful teacher! And, I think I actually got the spinning thing :)
4) Make a wee little pumpkin for Lil' Snowboarder.
She liked it so much we made one together tonight for her teacher. They are super quick to make....hurry, there is still time!
5) Cast on something just because. My because reason actually became cheer for the Giants and knit something orange!!! I even finished it, but that's for another day too!
So proud of my Giants!! WORLD CHAMPS!!!
Have a safe and happy halloween tomorrow! And all my east coast friends, I'm keeping you in my prayers this week. Stay safe!