Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Not Complaining

I can't complain about the past few days here in New Orleans. I'm here for business to work with a family and team I've worked with for six years and I always look forward to these trips.  I had a day to myself in the French Quarter Sunday and I just loved strolling Jackson square, wandering through the shops on Royal Street, eating beignets at Cafe du Monde, listening to jazz music around every corner. Just perfect.

IMG_0260

IMG_0263

IMG_0265

IMG_0266

IMG_0267

IMG_0270

And then there is the food.....

Stanley for brunch.

IMG_0271

Clancy's for dinner.

Crawfish Etouffee

Crawfish etouffee. Mama crawfish trying to protect her babies....hahaha.... I'm not sure I could handle a crawfish boil!

Tonight was Mosca's Restaurant, which was an awesome Italian restaurant. The shrimp was to die for.  Plus, Drew Brees and Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints were there and then we met the owner and chatted with him a bit at the end of the meal. Everyone seems to know everyone here in Nawlins.

I even was able to get some pattern writing done Sunday and Monday and can't wait to release my next two designs!  Here's a sneak peek....

SanMateo_1863

Hope you all are having a good week too!!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely scarf. .. or is that a cowl? ♥

Renee Anne said...

I love New Orleans. I haven't been there in quite awhile but I love Cafe du Monde. It's probably my favorite of all the places I went while there.

Unknown said...

Love the sneak peek, it looks gorgeous! Enjoy the rest of your trip, the food looks amazing!

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

Sure... make me homesick and then end it with a gorgeous pink knit tease and precious polka dot wellies.

Cruel... just cruel.

gMarie said...

so glad you are having a good week. New Orleans is on my bucket list - I'm so gonna check in with you for the must see places before we go. email me if you need testers - I'm always happy to lend some needles and yarn. :) g

ps - love the pic with the rainboots - I have a weakness for polka dots and rainboots.

ShareThis