After way too long of a blog absence, I could go on and on about the trials and tribulations of the past month. But really, who wants to hear that?! The month has been a blur anyways. So I'll tell you about the good stuff that has been going on instead of the drama of hospitals, nursing homes, and not enough sleep.
1. Pa is home!! From a "he'll be home in 3 days" recovery to a "25 days later" he is home and the doggies sure are happy (well, we all are, but the doggies really really missed Pa being home with them all day). Thank you so much for the good juju and prayers the past month. We felt them :)
2. Disco ran her race and you guys were awesome in helping to support her! I promised yarny prizes, and though they are very delayed, here they are. Four lucky winners will be receiving a prize: Margaret (aka Little Gidding Farm), Joan (ravelry name anargol), Kim (aka KnitChickKim), Andy (aka Andrea). I've emailed you all. Thank you everyone for helping!
3. Little Guy! That kid sure does make me smile!!
4. Poolside knitting. It sure did feel indulgent during the last few days of summer. I'm fairly certain this was taken while the kids were in the pool and I was just trying to stay awake. I haven't swam in over a month and I'm sure missing it. Hoping to get back to the lap swimming this week.
5. I'm so honored to be designing for A Verb for Keeping Warm's Pro-Verbial Yarn and Fiber Club. I absolutely love Kristine's store and her yarns. I designed my sister's wedding shawl, Nestldown, with Verb's Shimmering Tussah Silk, and my stash is overflowing with their lovely, naturally dyed yarns. There club is open for just a little while longer, and my pattern will be exclusive to them initially, so treat yourself to a fantastic club!
6. Luther. Enough said.
7. Notre Dame football!! Although this weekend will be the first weekend where we'll be able to watch the game as a family like we typically do! I'm looking forward to that!!
8. Finally being able to show you guys some baby knits! My sister's baby shower was last weekend and it was lovely. I'm hoping to do a proper post on it in the next week or so, but I can't wait any longer to show you this. Isn't the Owlet sweater the cutest?! Such a great pattern. And knit in Plucky Knitter Bulky, it was quick to knit! Perfect for Plucktember too! By the way, my Plucktember sale is still going...details here.
I made the short-sleeved version since I loved Melynda's version! She has notes on her ravelry page about her modifications.
9. Most of you know that I love Anzula Yarns and the fabulous Sabrina, the dyer behind Anzula, and her awesome team! Well, they have started an Indiegogo campaign to bring air conditioning to their yarn factory (seriously can't imagine dying yarn without air conditioning in the Fresno heat?!?!) and of course I wanted to support them. They have been so supportive of me, from yarn support, to working together on designs for TNNA, it was a no-brainer for me to support them. If you haven't checked out their campaign, please take a few minutes to.
10. More yarny giveaways!!! To help spread the word about their Indiegogo campaign, Anzula has given me a package of 17 mini skeins of their For Better or Worsted Yarn to giveaway to one lucky winner!! I wish I had taken a picture today to show you the gorgeous colors! I promise to do that in the next few days. So how can you win these? First, please check out the indiegogo campaign. Then let me know if you have any experience using Anzula's gorgeous yarns (e.g., your favorite yarn, colorway, project, or just lusting after a particular yarn of theirs). Or you can share some of the good things going on with you the past few weeks. Feel free to share, tweet, or tell your friends about the giveaway. I'll also be gifting two other lucky winners with my Rathmore pattern, which uses For Better or Worsted. The contest will run through 11:59pm PST on Sunday, September 29.
I hope all has been well with you guys!! I'm hoping things will settle down in these next few weeks.