Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Good Things.

There are so many good things to be thankful for this time of year. Especially considering how things were at this time last year. I'm still not quite where I hoped I would be, but I'm grateful that I'm having better days and my doctors are working diligently at helping me figure out the chronic pain issues. And best yet, I'm getting back to KNITTING! Thank you guys for your continued support, positive thoughts and prayers! I love you guys!

So on to the good things.

1. A new pattern!! A more detailed post to follow, but it is a great slouchy hat and a quick knit. Here is Sorin.      

The pattern is on sale for $5.00 through Dec. 7 (but see below for the Thanksgiving sale that has started for an additional discount!!!).

image

It seems fitting to release this pattern today of all days. 172 years ago today, a 28-year-old priest and seven companions took possession of 524 acres of land on a cold afternoon in Indiana. Father Sorin's vision and dream became the University of Notre Dame.

image

I finished this hat right before my trip back to my alma mater and I knew it would be the perfect place for a photo shoot. Thank you Erica for taking the photos!

image

2. I made Jam. I know, nothing earth shattering, but I've been wanting to make jam for awhile and finally made raspberry freezer jam last weekend. Freezer jam is much easier than regular jam. For some reason I'm scared of making "real" jam. I need either Maggie aka Socksdoc or Candy aka Erica's Mom to walk me through it. Or an entire weekend to just do it.

image

But the freezer is stocked with delicious raspberry jam!!

3. Dear sweet Puddy. She had surgery last week and had 14 teeth pulled :(  That's in addition to the many she had pulled a few years ago. The vet said it is most likely genetic and she'll be fine even though she only has 13 teeth left. And she is fine. But you know, a rough week for worrying me mama. Good thing is she is fine and has a cute new little smile.

image

Yes. That little tongue hangs out pretty much all the time now.

4. Christmas knitting. The grand plans. I'm making them. Who knows how far I'll get? How about you?

image

5. A quick afternoon in the city last week was just lovely. And thank goodness Tartine is not right around the corner from me. I would eat their break EVERY. DAY.

image

image

image

image

6. It is time for our annual After-Thanksgiving sale!! And I thought why not start it early. Receive 25% off all IGK patterns and ebook collections (the only time of year I include the collections in the coupon) in my Ravelry Store. NO COUPON necessary, through December 1. 

IGK-ThanksSale14-GroupAd-2


Wishing those of you who celebrate it a very happy Thanksgiving, and for those of you who don't, Happy 28 knitting days til Christmas!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

4 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Well. That hat fell right into my cart and I bought it this morning. I expect I'll make it within the next week or so, as well...Christmas present for my bestie and I've been looking for a pattern. This one fits the bill!

Anonymous said...

Oh poor puppy. My dog had 27 pulled when we adopted him. He gets along just fine with 11 teeth he has left. He only has two that meet and it's hilarious when he finds them because it shocks him to hear the crunch. He eats dry food with water added.

Anonymous said...

No Thanksgiving here, but I did get turkey in the office canteen. good luck with the Christmas knitting!

Anonymous said...

that hat is sooooo seriously cute on you!

sazzy

ShareThis