Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rockin' Winnies

I don't know why I love these socks so much.

IMG_1767

If its because the colorway, Socks that Rock lightweight in ST-1, reminds me of Sock Summit. Oh Sock Summit, how I miss thee.

IMG_1771

Or if it is because I'm always tickled when my STR stripes nicely. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind pooling (or why else would I have tons of STR?!), but the matchy stripes, love.

IMG_1775

It could be because I love the toes.

rockin' winnie

I may love these so much because the colors seem to evoke fall for me. And it even rained a bit today. Fall is here!

IMG_1765

But really, I may love these socks mostly because they match my new Dansko shoes just perfectly!

Pattern: Winnie

Yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight, colorway ST-1

Needles: US 1.5

Happy Sock Knitting!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

18 comments:

dianne said...

Your Winnie's do look awesome in ST-1! Love the shoes too. They're a great style to show off your socks and that is very important to consider when shoe shopping :-)

cockeyed said...

Can't wait to start mine! Those are beautiful, the color and your fabu pattern!!! Love!!!

Knitter Kitter said...

I love these! So pretty!!! I'm off to buy the pattern :) I love those shoes too!

Zonda said...

Aha...so these are the sekrit knit we saw a few posts back! That are fabulous!! Perfect with your new Dansko's too! Yay for fall!!!!!

Discoknits said...

Love'em! Sock, pattern AND shoes :0)
happy Monday :0)

Caffeine Girl said...

It is a great pattern. And your stripes are just perfect! I've considered knitting socks largely to match Dansko's!

weezalana said...

Lovely! And I so dig those shoes!

Unknown said...

I love your new Danskos - I was just thinking I need a new pair. Then I'll have to make some Winnies to go in them :) g

turtlegirl76 said...

Very pretty! I'm glad I grabbed up a skein of that. =)

Neuroknitter said...

Love, love, love everything...yarn, pattern, and shoes!!!

Jumping up and down for autumn!!! Yay oh yay!!!

cpurl17 said...

Cute socks! cute shoes! Life is good!

Gigi said...

Oh, great socks, great shoes!
I finally got my order of yarn from KnitPicks so I can finish my Cotty's (yay!), then I can start on a pair of Winnies. It's so sweet that you name your pretty patterns after your aunts.
Blessings,
G

Rani said...

As Mary Poppins likes to say, 'they are practically perfect in every way'.

sam said...

You love them cuz they are impossible not to love. Super, super cute!

M.E. Greene said...

The socks are LOVELY, and they go very well with those cute shoes!

happy knitting,
Marie
http://permissiontounwind.blogspot.com

Knitting Kris said...

Love your socks and your shoes! Nice to see the new pattern knit in a variegated colorway as well as a semi-solid! Looks great both ways!

Batty said...

Beautiful socks, and what a great pair of shoes to show them off!

cupcakefaerie said...

Look at those pretty pretty socks! I'm a stripey girl too. :)

ShareThis