Thursday, February 25, 2010

Olympic Commentary

We're headed into the last four days of the Knitting Olympics and I know you are wondering about whether on not my Tickled Pink Blanket that Rocks is going to medal.

Well, I just might not make it to the podium :(

IMG_2943

I've trained well and have woven in all the ends as I go along.

IMG_2944

And the yarn is getting smaller.

The blanket now measures ~37 x 37. Considering I started at ~20 x 20, that's pretty good! But it is probably going to finish at 46 x 46. Yeah. I know. Not going to happen.

I'm down to where I can count how many strips are left! Just 7 left! But the strips get bigger and bigger. Then there is the border.

We'll see. I'm not giving up yet. However, I worry I may be partying too much in the Olympic Village starting tonight (oh, my Olympic Village may also be known at Stitches West!).

I'll keep you posted!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

JelliDonut said...

You can do it! Don't give up!

Scrabblequeen said...

Will you have the blanket with you in the Village? I'd sure love to see it "in person"!

SissySees said...

You've made a tremendous amount of progress! Celebrate that.

turtlegirl76 said...

You can join me in participating in the knitting paralympics then. We'll have until March 21st to finish. There's no way I'll finish mine by Sunday night either!

Zonda said...

Well have a great time at your Olympic party ;) Who knows you could finish it, or heck join in with turtlegirl :)

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Border? We don't need no stinkin' border! I left my log cabin borderless. It was great mindless knitting.

Caffeine Girl said...

I say you've made enough progress to be a winner! Some of us cheated and made fingerless mitts in worsted-weight!

Calling on Kahlo said...

You can do it! Do not give up hope! I can't wait to see what it looks like. You have definitely inspired my STR purchases.

~Marge~ said...

Don't lose faith in yourself! You'll get it done. It's lovely and I adore those colors!!

Marisol said...

So your blanket is looking gorgeous! I am glad I got to see it in person:)

I saw you knitting, knitting, knitting this weekend at stitches. I hope those pesky customers did not interfere too much with your progress he he...

ShareThis