Thursday, June 17, 2010

Decisions decisions

Tough knitting decisions around here.

1. I really, really want to finish Sock #2 of my new Sock-a-licious design, Sweet Home.

SweetHome3

2. But it is Father's Day this Sunday. Dad needs some socks. Well, he actually wants me to mend the socks with the holes, but that doesn't sound like fun. Just not sure I can whip up a pair of Uncle Frank socks by Sunday.

SweetHome2

And I really want to keep working on these.

Sweet Home

3. But then next week, I need to knit another pair of baby socks for my bestest friend in the whole wide world (we've been friends since we were 6!!). A baby boy, her first! So I was thinking of making wee Uncle Frank socks.

Of course, in true knitterly fashion, somewhere deep down I think I can knit all three. Who am I kidding?

Happy Decision Making!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

14 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Boy another beautiful sock design. I just finished my Winnie's yesterday too. These new socks (sock?) is really pretty. I like your style of patterns you come up with. Yeah.
I vote for the baby socks to be done first. Babies need nice warm feet.

Bezzie said...

I vote dad socks myself! Good luck!

ACraftyKnitter said...

For the Dad problem- wrap up the yarn and needles and give him that- tell him that they represent the pair of socks that is to come!

Jacey said...

Love the new design. That's quite a dilemma, but gifts can always be late!

SissySees said...

Beautiful new design. I say give Dad what he wants - you can mend while y'all chat on Sunday. Then, make him another pair of socks right after you finish the new ones and the wee ones...

JelliDonut said...

If we can sleep walk, why not sleep knit?

April Klich said...

I love the new design. Good luck finishing whichever project you choose.

hearthead said...

Of course you can do it! Those are sure pretty!!! It would probably mean the most to Dad to mend his socks...sorry! That would be quicker too...that way you can get the baby socks done...congrats to the new baby mama!

hearthead said...

Of course you can do it! Those are sure pretty!!! It would probably mean the most to Dad to mend his socks...sorry! That would be quicker too...that way you can get the baby socks done...congrats to the new baby mama!

Neuroknitter said...

These socks are so lovely!! Is that yarn available in stores yet, or have I not looked in the right places? :)

Good luck with the decision...me? I'd go for it and try get it all done.

Laura said...

The sock is beautiful!!

Rani said...

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you pulled off all three!

gMarie said...

I love Sweet Home. Baby sized Uncle Frank's would be wonderful. Can't wait to see what all you accomplish. g

Marisol said...

This new sock pattern is gorgeous! Man you are so creative:)

ShareThis