Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I have been knitting things other than baby socks.

I promise. But, those projects aren't done yet, and the baby shower frenzy is happening in July and August. Must knit wee little cute things!

Before I show you the fun pictures from this weekend (it really is amazing how even just a short weekend away with friends can rejuvenate you!), I thought I'd share the one finished project from the weekend.

Dear Baby Francis.2
For a very special baby boy, a sweet, tiny version of the Uncle Frank socks.

Dear Baby Francis
I'm thinking of calling them Dear Baby Francis.

Dear Baby Francis.3
I'm still loving these wee little socks! Imagine, these are about a 6-month size, which means, there is the potential for even cuter, tinier versions! More details on my project page here.


IMG_3855
Ahhhh.....hope this picture can hold you over on this Wednesday. The holiday weekend will soon be here!
Oh, and if you participate in the knitalongs over in the Socks that Rock group on Ravelry, my Blackberry Brambles pattern is nominated and its a pretty tight race, so if you think you may want to join us this round, go here and vote :) Blackberry Brambles is one of the paid patterns (it'll be marked down to $4 for two weeks if it wins) and voting ends today. And if you haven't done the knitalongs, come join us!! It is one of my favorite groups on ravelry!
Happy Wednesday!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

11 comments:

Unknown said...

ADORABLE.

omly said...

So cute!

Rani said...

Absolutely so darn cute. What a great way to use up some of that extra leftover sock yarn, too. I can't take much. . .

Off to vote! Good luck!!

SissySees said...

Those are almost TOO cute!!!

dianne said...

Soo sweet! Love those baby Franks and I have a sweet grand-nephew that they would be perfect for.

Angela said...

Those baby socks are adorable. My nephew and his wife are expecting a baby in October, and I have a lot of knitting projects in my mind to knit for him (it's a boy)....blanket, socks, hats, sweaters... So many things to knit - so little time. Trying to finish some stuff OTN before I get started.

Spinning Ninny said...

so cute!

Mya said...

Woo hoo! Just voted. It would be perfect timing to start on the Blackberry brambles tomorrow! Bring on the weekend!

weezalana said...

Those are too cute! That is going to be one stylin' baby. :)

Zonda said...

So cute!! Sigh..I think you may need to come out with the tiny version of your Woods Family collection ;)

Unknown said...

Little Frankie socks are so cute! And this past weekend was perfect for you guys to go boating.

ShareThis