Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Things

Five to be exact.

1. Lil' Snowboarder and I have had lots of time for crafting! Check out the scarf she fingerknit in less than an hour.




Happy lil' dogwalker

And she is wearing the Dotty socks I knit for her. Be still my heart.



She also insisted on trying the needles! She's been insisting for awhile. I thought I'd just start her out on the good needles, Kollage's Square Needles!

Learning to knit

2. My Kollage Solace yarn arrived for the Four Seasons Wrap KAL (come join us here..it hasn't started yet)! I'm using the Shadow colorway...such a pretty shade of gray! I can't wait to cast on! It has been awhile since anything resembling a sweater for me has been on the needles.

I'm ready to cast on!

3. Glee arrived! Best extra features include karaoke (great reading practice for Lil' Snowboarder!) and a songs only summary of each episode which means I don't have to fast forward everything for her to watch (because not really a 7-year-old show I think, but she loves the "kids" and the music and dancing).


Glee!

4. My Queen Alice sock pattern, originally designed for Woolgirl's Alice in Wonderland Sock Club, is now available to purchase. I'll do a proper post later this week, but wanted to give you a heads up if you've been waiting for this one.


queen alice


5. I'm in New Orleans for another business trip. Shrimp Po' Boy. I only had half, I promise. Soooo good.


Shrimp po' boy


Happy Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

15 comments:

Kaye said...

Oooo! She's got good form!!! I love it!

Caffeine Girl said...

I love those square needles, too. Wish I could replace all my needles with square!

Lil Snowboarder is adorable -- as are the socks!

New Orleans would truly challenge my Weight Watchers diet!

dianne said...

I love the cuff on the Alice socks! I hope you have some fun in NOLA and it's not all work. And lots more knitting time on the plane ride home :-)

Discoknits said...

Baby cables as ribbing looks great. Really, Lil Snowboarder has GOT to knit. I love that you are counting her Glee Karaoke towards her reading for the day. I have got to come up with something like that for my boys :0)

Mya said...

I was so thrilled with my Alice socks from the club! Everyone should pick up that pattern. Have fun in NOLA (love that food!).

Anonymous said...

can you blog get any cuter with lil snowboarder and the dogs? i think not.

SissySees said...

Be still my heart. So much cuteness and goodness... Can you eat an oyster po' boy for me?

gMarie said...

It all looks good. Enjoy your work trip. g

Knitting Kris said...

Sometimes if we concentrate hard on the "Happy Things" it makes everything better, if only for a little while! :) I hope that you are doing well, and I wish for you some great knitting time in the very near future!

Zonda said...

Aww, she's doing great! Yummy new sweater yarn for you too! Have a good weekend!

Bubblesknits said...

Don't you just love Glee? Even my hubster likes it (and he normally doesn't like anything like that). :D

Mmm...New Orleans.... beignets...mmmm....

Marisol said...

Yay for Lil Snowboader now knitting. Yay for the new Glee, and
Yay for the sockpattern coming back to you. Love the Alice socks.

Wow... You are on fire with the creativity:) Awesome!

cupcakefaerie said...

I hope you're finding time for some fun and knitting while away. You saved the other half for me, right? :) Safe travels!

Gigi said...

Hi Girlie! That little one of yours is so cute -- what a sweet/gorgeous smile!
So glad to hear the Alice socks are available -- looking forward to knitting up another of your lovely patterns.
Blessings,
G
P.S. How's New Orleans these days? We haven't been since Katrina (can't believe it's been 5 years!), but we're planning to go next month -- can't wait!

weezalana said...

I admire your restraint - I would not have had the willpower to eat just half a shrimp po'boy!

ShareThis