Monday, September 6, 2010

One good thing.

Ever have one of those days (or maybe two of those days), where you just can't get a break? One thing after the next? Well, it has been that kind of day or two. You know, the kind where lil' Snowboarder asks her daddy about the water in my eyes. Ugh. But, at least I have my knitting.

Uncle Frank3

A finished pair of socks. One good thing.

Uncle Frank2

IrishDad's Father's Day socks are finally done. Uncle Frank socks in STR heavyweight were just what the doctor ordered! That and a little more college football with this great Boise St. vs. Virginia Tech game that is on.

Uncle Franks1

At least I had the day off today and it is now a short work week ahead. So, two good things. Well, and you guys makes three :)

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

19 comments:

tapmouse said...

As always, beautiful socks! HUGS to you for a better tomorrow!

JelliDonut said...

Sorry you're having a bad day. Your socks are beautiful, however, and sure to make someone else's day great.

Jana said...

Sorry about your bad day. Gorgeous socks as usual. And thanks again for designing such a great shawl (Bellingrath) - my daughter gasped when she the pattern :0

Jana said...

Oops. I forgot - sending you cyber hugs because your blog always brightens my day.

Unknown said...

Hope today is a better day! The socks look fantastic either way!

Jen said...

Bad days do usually improve at least slightly if knitting is involved. Hope you have a great week!

dianne said...

(((Big hug for you))) This week will be better, I'm sure of it :-) I love your socks. I'm sure your dad will too!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope the water in your eyes is a temporary thing. Hugs.

Great socks!

SissySees said...

Wishing you a great day. Mine will be a main-lining coffee day, but such is life.

gMarie said...

Sorry you had water in your eyes all day - I hate days like that. But Irish Dad's Uncle Frank's are beautiful. May he wear them in good health! g

Kaye said...

Here's hoping your Irish Eyes are Smiling soon!

Blech. Boise. I'm glad they enjoyed one of the two difficult games they'll have this season. Bring on the cupcakes!

peaknits said...

Hang in there! Those are some lovely socks - again:)

Jadielady said...

*hugs* Beautiful socks made by a beautiful lady. No more watery eyes!

Zonda said...

Love the socks!!! ((tons of hugs))

Discoknits said...

Big hugs old girl. Hope today was better.

Nice socks btw. I think I'll finally get round to them.....

Rani said...

I hope that by now the sun is shining on you. The socks are scrumptious. I love the color. I think my man might like that color, too. Hmmmm. Must knit through stash and finish UFOs so I can splurge soon!

weezalana said...

Great socks! Sorry yesterday wasn't a good day. Hopefully today went better! (((HUGS)))

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

When Iam having a bad day I come visit your blog for eye candy and inspiration love the socks so sweet:)Hugs Darcy

Caffeine Girl said...

I hope things turn around for you!

The Uncle Frank socks are so charming.

ShareThis