Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Extra Hour

I spent my extra hour this morning from Daylight Savings braving the rain to go to the farmers' market.

IMG_4726


It has been a busy few weeks and I haven't been able to get to the market. It felt so good to get back into my weekend routine and know that I have healthy, fresh food in the refrigerator for the week ahead.

IMG_4730

I did indulge in a small, organic quiche from the farmers market though :) And I'll spend the rest of my hour finishing the toe of my Uncle Frank sock that is for my best friend who just gave birth to a sweet baby boy. She said that the socks that I knit her many years ago were one of the few that fit during those last few weeks of pregnancy and she'd been loving them! Matching wee baby Uncle Franks will be cast on later this week after I finish a design commitment.

How did you spend your extra hour this morning?

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

10 comments:

Laura said...

I watched the final episode of "Dexter" (season 1, that is). And knit, of course. :-)

gMarie said...

handwashing socks and making granola! Yours sounds like so much more fun. Farmer's markets round here don't stay open all year. g

Zonda said...

The quiche looks delicious! Well, I rang in the extra hour, knitting and tinking the same row of my shawl, at least 3 times...sigh..all fixed now :) Have a good week!

PS. any idea when you'll have the baby Frank pattern out? :)

Jen said...

I've been spending my extra hour working on finishing a pattern design. Too bad it's going to take way longer than an hour! :)

That quiche looks yummy!

~RaenWa~ said...

That was the weather here today in my part of Washington. The Farmers Market closest to me is closed I miss going there on the weekends. I spent my extra hour getting in some knitting today.

SissySees said...

Been craving quiche. Might have to make one for supper tomorrow night... Farmers markets don't stay open year-round here either.

Amanda said...

Mmm. Quiche. I can't think of the last time I had quiche.
I...got up an hour early. Usual routine, just earlier.
Of course, when it was dark by 6, I just about went into hibernation mode.
LOL.

Batty said...

Yum, quiche.

Rani said...

I actually spent my extra hour knitting! Hoorah!!

(great shot of the rain)

KnittySue said...

I spent it finishing a hat for my grand daughter...very relaxing.

ShareThis