Friday, November 5, 2010

Stitches East 2010

Wow! I can't believe this last week has flown by so quickly. Stitches East was a bit, just a bit, like sock camp in that I had way too much fun in a very short amount of time and sacrificed sleep for more fun!

I guess that is what happens when you get four sock campers together!

IMG_4712
Erica, Me, Debbi, and Marcy

I'll take it as a sign that they have all had a hard time reentering real-life after last weekend's fun by the fact that none of them have had time to blog either :)

IMG_4713

IMG_4615
Check out Marcy's gorgeous vest that she finished knitting right before Stitches East!

The best part about an event like Stitches East was seeing and meeting other knitters! I have to thank Kollage Yarns for sponsoring me in their booth everyday to meet and greet other knitters, sign my patterns, and do a lace demo.

Here are just a few of the knitters I was able to meet....


IMG_4616

Dawn, from NE Knits and Beads, and I have been reading each other's blogs so it was so nice to finally meet her in person. She's wearing a her gorgeous Icing Scarf by KnitQuest (another sock camper!!) and has already cast on Le Petit Pont!

More knitters.....

IMG_4619
Maureen

IMG_4623
Joanna

IMG_4621
Kathy, who loved that I was an "Irishgirlie" :)

IMG_4688
Heather, aka YarnYenta, and creator of Intwined Pattern Studio, the designing software that I use for most of my patterns (and love!!), had a booth right across from us so I got to see lots of her.

IMG_4690
And fellow Socks that Rock lover, Robin aka histoknitter! I was so excited to finally meet her! She is just as fabulous in person as she seems on Ravelry.

Anyone notice my pretty blue Pont Neuf Infinity Scarf that I'm wearing?! Yes, I stayed up late (again!) finishing this before my trip back east so that I'd have one to wear for myself :) I absolutely love the infinity scarves, so you may be seeing more around here!

Speaking of staying up too late, I must to bed. But first, I promised a winner. Thank you all for entering the contest for Bellingrath last week. There were some awesome blog suggestions, app suggestions, and what you want to knit now. If you haven't checked out the comments, take a minute to do so. Lots of good stuff! I heart you guys!

And the lucky winner of a skein of Sock-a-licious and Bellingrath is...

Congratulations Sarah! Send me an email with your address at irishgirlieknits AT gmail DOT com and I'll get your prize out to you soon!

IMG_4711

Stay tuned for more Stitches East fun in my next post!

Happy Friday!!

xoox Irishgirlieknits

9 comments:

Discoknits said...

Too much fun! Good for you ;0)
Hey, I recognise a petit pont in that last pic. Proud mama smile :0)

cockeyed said...

still trying to catch up on the sleep! So fun to be together again. Oh, just finished my Pont Neuf. look for a package in your mailbox soon!

Jen said...

Looks like a great time. And your new pattern looks awesome! :)

dianne said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time and met some wonderful people. I wish I could have made it this year, but alas, being a mom had to take priority. I hope you had some time to do some shopping of your own!

Anonymous said...

I have Le Petit Pont on my needles right now and the yarn is lined up for Bellingrath. (sp?)

Can you tell me which Shawl Debbi is wearing? I love it but can't see it well enough to figure it out...maybe it will be 3rd in line?

Thanks for the great patterns..

Val

gMarie said...

I think I see a little petit pont that I made :) Someday I hope to get to Stitches East - just because it's closest to my daughter. So glad you had fun. g

Rani said...

Look at all the folks you saw! What a blast.

Batty said...

I sure did notice your awesome infinity scarf. And all the yarn, and all those knitters. I have been knitting for years, yet have somehow never managed to go to a single fiber festival. I think this may end up being my reward for knitting down a significant portion of my stash. If nothing else, it'll make me knit faster.

Marisol said...

Wow, wow, wow! What an awesome post. I so wish I could have been there to take it all in:)

I'm sooooo happy for you Carrie:)

Lots of good in your knittty future!

Will you be doing Stitches West?

ShareThis