Monday, November 15, 2010

a noun for perfection

Last Thursday, Cupcakefaerie and I ventured to A Verb for Keeping Warm's new store. The store is perfection, exactly what one would envision your local yarn store to be.

verb

I fell in love immediately.

IMG_4763
It may have been the gorgeous, vibrant sock yarns.

IMG_4764
It may have been that I was inspired by so many of the yarns. I loved the range of yarns that they are offering, from their own line to the Fibre Co., Sanguine Gryphon, Pigeonroof Studios, Madeline Tosh. The list goes on. I feared for my wallet.

IMG_4762
It may have been the light and the openness that I fell in love with as well.

IMG_4766
And Kristine! So welcoming. She really has created an awesome space (congratulations Kristine!). I just wish it was a bit closer. But then again, maybe it is for the best.

IMG_4765
See those drop spindles? And see that smiling person behind them? She is grinning because I think she realizes she may have finally sucked me in. No, I didn't walk away with a drop spindle or fiber, but I'm pretty sure that will be in my future soon. If time wasn't an issue, I probably would have signed up for the intro to drop spindle class that was offered at Verb last weekend, just so that I could have taken more classes with Cupcakefaerie (or should I say Spinningenablingfaerie) this coming weekend.
I didn't even take pictures of the gorgeous fabric. I was trying so hard to resist all the pretty.
Can you believe only these two lovelies came home with me?

IMG_4772
Malabrigo Rios in Azul Profundo
I think I resisted buying more because I wanted a reason to go back. Again. And again.
Plus, I didn't even meet up with my east bay girls....Tapmouse, Nartian, Purlsjustwannahavefun. Oh, I see more visits in my future!
Happy Shopping!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

15 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

That's an awesome looking shop! I would love to visit it sometime.

neknitsandbeads said...

Where is the jealous button on blogs? Granted I have WEBS, however I'm beginning to feel I live on the wrong coast for these fabulous LYS!

dianne said...

Fabulous looking store! And I am jealous of all the premium brands that are available there too. Of the ones you mentioned, only Malabrigo is available to me locally, everything else is mail order. Just the thought of all the fibery goodness in one place make smile :-)

Neuroknitter said...

Soooo jealous!!! That shop is over the top fabulous!! All those lovely yarns under one roof? That is unholy! :) Field trip!!

Discoknits said...

Yarn AND fabric?! Swoon!

cockeyed said...

damn, so wish I lived closer.....

cupcakefaerie said...

Yay! When do we start the first spinning clinic? :)

Unknown said...

BTW, those Kundert spindles are really nice. ;)

Glad you could make it to Kristine's shop. Definitely a wonderful place to be.

Scrabblequeen said...

Lovely. I wish it was closer to me!

Rani said...

What a bright, beautiful space. I would have spent my Christmas budget - yarn . . . and fabric!? Oh my. I am impressed with your self control, my dear.

Unknown said...

That looks like it was a wonderful trip (and a wonderful store!). I've recently fallen in love with Mal Rios, and all it took was one skein...

WonderMike said...

You take lovely pictures. Sorry I didn't get to see you, but maybe next time. :)

Zonda said...

Yarn and fabric and fiber, I'd be doomed! You'll love Rios! My Uncle Franks for hubby will be knit in Rios. I sent off a hat to a Navy person in Rios..hey, when am I gonna get some Rios ;) What an awesome store! Heheh..WT almost Go Cupcakefaerie on the spinning enabling!

Susie said...

What a beautiful shop. I love how everything is set up. Fun!

Marisol said...

Yes, yes, yes,! Lets go together. By golly lets have a spin in! or knit in, or weave in... I'm easy:)

ShareThis