Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blogiversary Special #2

What a whirlwind of a weekend.  I forgot how quickly December weekends seem to fly by.  This one was no exception.  Just a few highlights....


IMG_7564

Holiday decorating has begun.

Holiday Cheer

Two patterns with looming deadlines were sent off.

One Mystery Sock KAL design has made some serious progress!  So excited, but alas, can't show you any pictures since it is..a mystery.  But I am using a gorgeous skein of Plucky Knitter Primo!  So dreamy.  I just love this yarn!  Now to write up the pattern and get it to my test knitters (sorry guys! It is coming!).

Did I tell you guys I'm taking more graduate-level courses for a specific certification for work?  It has been on the to-do list for quite awhile and it started in October.  I'm taking an accelerated course that started in October and I've been managing ok until Thanksgiving weekend.  Fortunately I can at least knit during my 5 hours a week of video lectures and my 1 hour a week class (I love this online class thing!).  But this past week, it has definitely been cramping my style.  Just another year of this....woo-hoo...  Anyways, this week's test has been taken (yes, there is a test every week), so check that off the list.

Lots of college football was watched and the 49ers are the NFC West Champs!

My list of all the things I had planned to accomplish though is just as long. Oh well.

So let's start our week off right with Blogiversary Special #2...

Comfort Food, another quick knit project for those holiday gifts, is 50% off (just $3.00) on Monday only (well, starting now until Monday Dec. 5 at 11:59pm PST)! 

IGK_0075

IGK_0082

Knit in aran weight yarn, this will knit up quickly!

Did your weekend fly by?  What do you have planned for the week ahead?  And dare I ask about that holiday knitting?  I won't, if you won't.

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

5 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I'll let you become the Behavior Analyst. I never did very well with my Behavior course for special ed. I think it's because I understand the theory and reason behind it all but I just keep equating it to bribery because that's about all it sounds like. I also hated having to chart progress on a daily basis for those seemingly small things that make huge differences.

Maybe that's why I never wanted to go into CD or EBD...

tapmouse said...

As usual, no surprise you are busy! I dont know how you manage-you are one amazing, lady! Hope you've been able to keep the headaches in check. Take care if yourself-you've got alot going on!

cockeyed said...

so proud of all that you are doing! Keep up the good work!

dianne said...

That certification looks really fascinating! Keep plugging along, you'll be done before you know it.

I have some Plucky MCN Aran tucked aside for Comfort foods. I was able to grab some of the new pink, Bashful, in one of the updates. I really should knit it as a gift, but I'm procrastinating starting it so that I can keep it for myself :-)

Zonda said...

Hang in there, it's tough, but the payoff is good :) I know this as we're here now!

ShareThis