Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blogiversary Special #5

I don't want to jinx it, but the busy busy part of my job is just about behind me!!!  Yay!!  All my reports are done for the year, one more IEP, and now just for some fun holiday "meetings"!  I even made fudge tonight for our holiday staff meeting tomorrow.  Let the holiday baking begin!

First, let's announce the winner of the Blogiversary Prize!

Congrats to Peppermint Mocha Mama!!!  I'll be sending you a package of yarny goodness just in time for Christmas!  And I can't wait to try your apple crumble recipe.

I also picked a few other winners to pick a free IGK pattern from my Ravelry shop!  They are...

EliArendt
CelticCastOn (ok, beware of the adorable sweater and the beyond cute kiddo when you click that link!)
Janmarie

I'll message you all tomorrow, but if you see this before I do, feel free to let me know which pattern you'd like.  You can message me on ravelry (irishgirlieknits) or email me irishgirlieknits AT gmail DOT com

Thank you all again for participating!  I loved reading everyone's holiday traditions.  If you haven't read through the comments, I suggest you do.  It'll make you smile.  Well, and you may want to try FowlervillesDeb's Homemade Bailey's Irish Cream.  Seriously, that is on my to-do list.

A few of my favorite holdiay traditions...

Watching Christmas movies.....my sister texted me late one night a week or two ago telling me Meet Me in St. Louis was on and I immediately began watching it.  Didn't matter that I own the DVD.  Other favorites include Love Actually, Christmas in Connecticut, the Ally McBeal Christmas episodes with Robert Downey Jr...... I could go on and on.


Holiday knitting.  Even if it is just a gift or two, there is something about the deadline, late night holiday knitting that I do love.  Especially next week when I'll have a few days off...knit knit knit.  Everyone wants socks this year.  Well, technically, Irish Dad wants his socks mended.  ugh.

Holiday baking.  I love it!  I used to go all out, but I've scaled back a bit lately (that should read I'm too tempted to eat the treats!).  That fudge in the fridge from earlier tonight will be delish tomorrow!!  I'll definitely be making Mimi's Sugar cookies this year.  Ok, re-reading that post just made me teary.  It'll be our first Christmas without Mimi.  And that is why I love traditions....memories...

My mom, sister, and I started what I hope will be a tradition, doing something special to get us in the holiday spirit.  Last weekend we spent the day in the city shopping, looking at the holiday decorations, just having a nice day together.  I love the city around the holidays.

IMG_7580


Now for our last Blogiversary special!!  Only fitting to offer Winter Wonder for a special 50% off sale price of $3 from now until the end of Dec. 16 (11:59pm PST)! 

Winter Wonder.6a

And since this is our last special, and tomorrow (Friday) is my mom's birthday, I'm also offering Maryanne for the same special 50% off sale price of $3 from now until the end of Dec. 16 (11:59pm PST)! 

Maryanne3

Feel free to wish my mom Happy Birthday in the comments too!  I know I have at least one glove knit for her.  Better than last year, I guess!

Oh, and today is Bailey's birthday!  She's 7.  This is one of my favorite pictures of her from last year.

baileyboo.1

Okay, it is late late late.  Must to bed.  I'll be back a bit more though this weekend.  I have the best Christmas decoration ever to share with you.  A new holiday tradition for me :)

Happy Holidays!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

4 comments:

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

That has got to be the best way to wake up and added bonus, today is my birthday!!

Thank you so much - my email is assession (at) hotmail (dot) com or PprmntMochaMama on Ravelry.

Wippee - happy day!!

dianne said...

Happy Birthday Irish Mom!

SpinningLara said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom and Bailey!

Scrabblequeen said...

Happy birthday Bailey and Irish Momma! Very a-dog-able photo.

ShareThis