Thursday, December 22, 2011

Twas the week before Christmas....

...and all through the house, there was hustle and bustle, and no time for blogging or clicking a mouse.

Or time to continue pretending I can rhyme..haha.  You know things are busy when IrishDad comments that I haven't blogged in a week.  Oh, how I wish it was because I've been secretly knitting and don't want to show you.  There has been some secret knitting, but not much.

I did finish mom's Comfort Food gloves.

Comfort Food

I knit the second one up in just a day, so technically, if you've got the yarn and need a last minute gift, get going :)  I knit these up in Blue Moon's Gaea....just lovely!

Comfort Food

Cheekyattitude snapped this picture in between taking pictures for two new designs I have coming out!  So excited to show you these soon!

A very special Christmas gift arrived last week that I've been waiting to show you!  Meet my very own Santa Host, made by Erica's awesome mom, Candy (seriously, no wonder Erica is crafty with a mom like this!)!

IMG_7583

I just love him!  And he sits atop a wine bottle, so he'd make a perfect hostess gift!

IMG_7585

The details make him such a special, unique Santa....from his charming hat, to perfect beard, to his lovely basket....

IMG_7587

I was misty-eyed when I saw how Candy captured my Summer Wind pattern and then included yarn and a project on the needles, using Kollage Yarns Glisten!  Candy has knit quite a few of my designs and I'm so touched that she took the time to make this special Santa for me and surprise me with him!  Thank you Candy!! He will definitely watch over my stash throughout the year!  (and Erica, get going on planning our knitting adventure in Michigan so I can give your mom a big hug!!)

I'm officially on vacation until the new year and the past few days have included appointments, last minute shopping, cookie consuming (note the lack of pictures?!), attempts at secret holiday knititng, and making a few very special holiday memories with Lil' Snowboarder and Lil' Guy.  I'll be back with more details but until then...

Oh Christmas Tree

A very happy princess after the Nutcracker performance in San Francisco Tuesday evening....we were one of the last ones in the building because someone had such a hard time picking out her very first nutcracker :)

Happy Holidays!!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

2 comments:

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

That Santa is amazing! I got misty eyed just reading and seeing the photos - I can't imagine how you didn't just squall... lol. Oh and The Nutcracker - how lucky are y'all?!? I have wanted to see it live for many years and have yet to make it... but I'm over the moon to hear that your gorgeous princess enjoyed the show. What a special memory to make.

Merry Christmas!!

Candy said...

Oh I'm so glad that you like your Santa Host, I had so much fun making him for you and what a lovely "photo shoot" you had with him!! Happy New Year Carrie!!

ShareThis