Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Coming Soon!

I'm so excited to share my newest design for The Plucky Knitter!  I love Sarah's yarns, but I really, really love her color sense and when she sent me these five gorgeous neutrals I was tickled that I could use them all.  We'd been planning a chevron style infinity since Sock Summit....

Introducing  Fiar...

DSC_0017

DSC_0014

Fiar, the Gaelic word for slant or crooked, seemed like the perfect name for this infinity scarf.  The zigzags created by the chevron pattern twist, turn, and slant, creating lovely lines of color.  Have fun with this scarf by choosing different colors or using up your leftovers!

DSC_0054

Here is a longer infinity version using a three-color combination.

DSC_0054

Fiar

I knit this one up in just a week when I was home recovering from knee surgery this past January.  It flew off my needles! 

DSC_0036

Fiar will be available next week from the Plucky Knitter!  I'll be sure to let you all know the specifics.  I love that there is the potential for so many different color pairings.  Who says you can only use 3 or 5 colors?  Get out those scraps and add in a bit more color!  We were able to get one long and one short infinity scarf from 5 skeins, with enough leftover for another if you add in another color.  So many possibilities!!

Finished measurements: 22” wide and 10” long for short infinity scarf; 27” wide and 10” long for long infinity scarf, after blocking. 

Yarn: ~495 (610) yards total of fingering weight yarn such as The Plucky Knitter Primo MCN 75/20/5 or Plucky Feet
For 5-color version, need ~ 115 (140) yards (A), 105 (130) yards (B), 80 (100) yards (C), 90 (110) yards (D), 105 (130) yards (E).
For 3-color version, need ~ 185 (230) yards (A), 165 (200) yards (B), 145 (180) yards (C).

Fiar

A very special thank you to Thayer Preece, my gorgeous model, Tricia Soto, THE best photographer!, and Terry and Leslie for styling! This photo shoot was definitely a group effort as I was hobbling on crutches just two weeks after my surgery. And of course thank you to Sarah, aka the Plucky Knitter, for her generous yarn support!!

Once again, Knitterella, aka Jill Zielinski, made my pattern look beautiful!

Fiar Cover

Be sure to get your kit next week!  Plus, this would work for both the Plucky Designers KAL or the IGK Spring Shawl/Scarf KAL!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

I LOVE this! I can imagine using my leftover STR for this in all sorts of stripes!

Zonda said...

The hardest part is to decide what colors where! Will you be selling the pattern yourself in the future?

ShareThis