Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thinking

Although I've been away from the blog for a bit, I've been thinking about you guys a lot.  Miss you.  I do write little posts in my head though.  Do you?  Or is that just me?  So while I'm thinking again, I'll share.


Things I've been doing/thinking/watching the past few weeks
  • Being patient with the healing process and using my crutches as needed
  • Joined a new gym with an awesome swimming pool! 
  • Swam!  Yes, real swimming.  I got the go ahead from my doctor last week to start swimming and after months of either no exercise or only walking in the water, I was so excited to get in the pool!  My knee felt great, I felt great, and then I got out of the water and umm...yeah...knee still hurts. But is getting stronger!
  • Caught up on a lot of tv!  Being on crutches for 11 weeks has cramped my out and about style a lot, but I've watched the following:
    • Forsythe Saga
    • Sherlock
    • The Last Enemy 
    • rewatched Game of Thrones!!
    • all of Season 1 of The Killing (Seattle does not rain that much?!)
    • NCAA Women's Basketball!  Go IRISH!!! National Championship game Tuesday night!
    • rewatched Mad Men
  • Saw the Hunger Games!  Loved it!  
  • Studying.  Lots of catching up to do for the grad class I've been taking.  Took my final last night...passed.  Woohooo!
  • Walked through a rainforest and saw butterflies up close.
Up Close Butterfly

  • Thought about knitting.  Ha!  Wish I had done more knitting the past few weeks, but have needed to focus on pattern writing, errata (eek! no fun! Holbrook and Raindrops on Roses both have been updated on Ravelry), etc.  This absolutely gorgeous handspun that Zonda spun for me has me thinking pretty thoughts.
IMG_7824

Things I thought about/did/watched today
  • Got a pedicure!  It was a little tricky with not being able to bend my knee too much, but the toes were desperate for pretty!
  • Got a good night's sleep
  • Watched a great Notre Dame basketball victory over UConn
  • Game of Thrones.  Mad Men.  The Killing.  Lots of tv knitting time :)
  • Started knitting on this bit of honey...
IMG_8080
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Plucky Feet, colorway Honey Wilkes (love, love, love)

Things I'm looking forward to
  • More knitting
  • A few days off for Easter/Spring Break.....taking a long weekend next weekend, which means a short work week this week
  • Swimming
  • Ditching the crutches
  • Sharing a new design that I collaborated with Sarah, The Plucky Knitter, on! Soon...
  • Seeing Lil' Guy next weekend
  • Wishing Lil' Guy a happy 5th birthday tomorrow!  Seriously...how did that happen!  
IMG_2603
1 month old

IMG_0617
2 years old

IMG_3310
3 years old

cheese

First T Ball game
almost 5 years old, and ready to take on the world!

Happy Birthday Lil' Guy! Auntie IGK loves you sooooo much!


So what have you guys been thinking about/doing/looking forward to?

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

4 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Oh Carrie! We have missed you, too!

Life has been nuts in our house. Husband has been trying to find a job for almost 7 weeks now. He's flown out to San Francisco and the place wound up not hiring him. He's had a couple other interviews out there but no one is biting...honestly, I think we need to just pack up the house, move out there, and then have him find a job.

My knitting has gotten.......well, not boring because knitting is never boring...but I just don't have the urge to knit much. I'm working on a blanket and three pairs of socks actively (and I have a shawl and a toy in hibernation). I'm looking to start something new from my Year of Projects list...I think I need something new. I just don't want to work on winter things like hats and such (but that's the bulk of what's on my list).

Oh well...

Neuroknitter said...

I love The Killing...season 2 premiered last night and we were glued to it. And Mad Men is back, too...good times for knitting!!

That honey yarn looks lovely! I haven't scored any in that new blend.

I hope you continue to heal!! Happy almost Easter! xo

Zonda said...

Aww!! Happy Birthday to Lil' Guy!! Glad you can now swim! I bet it helps, just don't overdo it! Me, I gots lots to knit/spin this week when not working. Oh, and a few shows to finally watch! Yay for Netflix!

Caffeine Girl said...

Those knees take a while to heal, but everyone says it is worth it!

I'm knitting with Plucky while visiting family in D.C. -- and it's all going well!

ShareThis