Things I've been doing/thinking/watching the past few weeks
- Being patient with the healing process and using my crutches as needed
- Joined a new gym with an awesome swimming pool!
- Swam! Yes, real swimming. I got the go ahead from my doctor last week to start swimming and after months of either no exercise or only walking in the water, I was so excited to get in the pool! My knee felt great, I felt great, and then I got out of the water and umm...yeah...knee still hurts. But is getting stronger!
- Caught up on a lot of tv! Being on crutches for 11 weeks has cramped my out and about style a lot, but I've watched the following:
- Forsythe Saga
- The Last Enemy
- rewatched Game of Thrones!!
- all of Season 1 of The Killing (Seattle does not rain that much?!)
- NCAA Women's Basketball! Go IRISH!!! National Championship game Tuesday night!
- rewatched Mad Men
- Saw the Hunger Games! Loved it!
- Studying. Lots of catching up to do for the grad class I've been taking. Took my final last night...passed. Woohooo!
- Walked through a rainforest and saw butterflies up close.
- Thought about knitting. Ha! Wish I had done more knitting the past few weeks, but have needed to focus on pattern writing, errata (eek! no fun! Holbrook and Raindrops on Roses both have been updated on Ravelry), etc. This absolutely gorgeous handspun that Zonda spun for me has me thinking pretty thoughts.
Things I thought about/did/watched today
- Got a pedicure! It was a little tricky with not being able to bend my knee too much, but the toes were desperate for pretty!
- Got a good night's sleep
- Watched a great Notre Dame basketball victory over UConn
- Game of Thrones. Mad Men. The Killing. Lots of tv knitting time :)
- Started knitting on this bit of honey...
Yarn: The Plucky Knitter Plucky Feet, colorway Honey Wilkes (love, love, love)
Things I'm looking forward to
- More knitting
- A few days off for Easter/Spring Break.....taking a long weekend next weekend, which means a short work week this week
- Ditching the crutches
- Sharing a new design that I collaborated with Sarah, The Plucky Knitter, on! Soon...
- Seeing Lil' Guy next weekend
- Wishing Lil' Guy a happy 5th birthday tomorrow! Seriously...how did that happen!
1 month old
2 years old
3 years old
almost 5 years old, and ready to take on the world!
Happy Birthday Lil' Guy! Auntie IGK loves you sooooo much!
So what have you guys been thinking about/doing/looking forward to?