Best thing about May is that it is a new month, one not filled with crutches! It has been three weeks now without crutches and I've been swimming and doing PT as much as I can to try to get my range of motion back. Slowly, but surely. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Yay!!
But the swimming and PT is still pretty exhausting and has been cramping my knitting style. Each day it gets a bit easier though, so hopefully by the time summer rolls around I can get back to cranking out a few projects at a time.
I did finish the sock design on my needles. This weekend will involve pattern writing and getting things ready for test knitters. The sock and baby sweater will go out to test knitters next week I hope :)
I think I've been in denial about it being May because....
- it means less than 2 months until my sister gets married
- My sister-in-law and I will be throwing one heck of a bridal shower tea party next weekend for my sister! Good news is that I have been indulging in all of the tea taste-testing and I've done a great job of almost kicking my diet coke habit. Wait for it....I'm down to 1, maybe 2 diet cokes a day, and a few weeks ago I went an entire 5 days without it! Woohoo!
I have to find a cute outfit for the shower.Did that tonight after work! Thank you Nordstrom. And I even got a cute little hat to wear....well, it is more of a posh little flower thing.
- The day after the tea party I head to New Orleans for 3 busy days of work. Wish I was staying longer, but I know I will be eating the best food for a few days!
- At the end of the month, we'll be heading to LA for another family wedding and hopefully a day at Disneyland!
- it is one of the busiest months for my day job.....end of the school year, lots of IEPs, fun fun.
- My sister's bacherlorette/his bacherlor party will be tomorrow! About 30 of us will be in a dugout on the first base line of the Giants game! Tailgate starts at 9:30! I can't wait! I've got the veil for the bride-to-be (really for just a few photo ops), brownies came out of the oven about an hour ago, and the mexican roll-ups are chilling in the fridge.
Here's one of their engagement pictures. Doesn't she look beautiful?!!
What do you guys have on your agenda for May? Anything fun?
Happy Weekend! Go Giants!