Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Favorites

I'm going to try something new. As I've been catching up on my blog reading the past few weeks, I've come across a few blogs that do monthly "favorites." Sounded fun to me, so here you go....

July favorites, in no particular order :)

{favorite books}

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

I devoured this book over vacation, finding it hard to put down. But when I finished it, late at night, it did give me some "nightmares." Couldn't get the last few chapters out of my brain I guess.

Before I start Dark Places (another Gillian Flynn book) I needed something a bit lighter.

IMG_0622

I picked up The Sweet Life in Paris when we stopped at Maisie Blue on the way home from vacation. I just love that shop.....yarn, cookbooks, books, stationary....and it is right next to a cupcake shop!  Anyways, the Sweet Life is just what I needed! I'm halfway through it and loving it!

{favorite knits}

Blanket flat

This is a picture from Disco's blogpost about her Beekeeper's Quilt that she is making for a lucky winner! I love it because it represents so much of her hardwork for a great cause, in memory of her brother, and because each time she tweets about her runs and half-marathon training, she inspires me! She wasn't a runner when we met. I still remember her trying to do the Couch to 5k.....look at her now! So proud Disco!! Oh, and lots of my STR leftovers are in that blanket!  For every $5 donation, you're entered to win it!

{favorite places}

IMG_0534
Yosemite

Aran Islands

Crazy. Get Back from the edge!

Aran Islands, Ireland. I was there over 10 years ago and loved it. I'm living vicariously this week through my brother, sister-in-law, and Lil Guy, who are there! (Disco, look away from that last picture! What the heck are they thinking letting Lil Guy that close to the edge?!?!)

IMAG1838
Blue Lake Springs, Arnold, CA

{favorite pins}

KnitSwatchWallHangingsDIY.2-682x1024

From the lovely Allyson at The Sweatshop of Love. Now I know what to do with all my swatches! How lovely are these?!


And I know you guys have been waiting patiently to hear who won a copy of The Knitted Home. Looks like there are a lot of us who want to knit those fruit bowls!  Congratulations to Debbie4! I've messaged you on Ravelry :)

Do you guys have any favorites for the month of July? Favorite yarns? Patterns? Movies? Recipes? I'd love to hear :)

I can't believe it is going to be August already! But that means we are a bit closer to football season and fall!!!

Happy knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits





9 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

I loved Sharp Objects, too. It's actually my favorite of all her books.

It is simply not possible to see enough pictures of Yosemite!

Discoknits said...

You know I am a nervous wreck just LOOKING at that cliff pic! But oh, it is beautiful.
Thank heavens for those swatch pins to soothe my nerves. GORGEOUS!
And that blanket...... :0)
I remember giving up mid-couch-to-5k the first time I tried it because I fell and scraped my knee. Now I am rolling my eyes at myself.
My July favourite is home in Fort Mill - so pleased to be here :0)
xoxo

Renee Anne said...

We're getting ready for what will probably turn out to be our annual trip back to Wisconsin. I'll get to go to Stitches Midwest, Husband gets to go to The Great Taste of the Midwest (translation: an excuse to get hammered in Madison)...

Otherwise, I've been knitting here and there but trying to get caught up on sleep is more important. ::sigh::

Debbie said...

Woo Hoo, I am so excited about winning the book! Thank you so much for sharing the book and these awesome photo!

Bubblesknits said...

My favorite books for July would have to be the "Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan. Epic Adventure/Fantasy. Love!!! Favorite knitting would be the Swirl Socks I've been working on.

That picture on the edge of the cliff made my palms break out in a sweat! lol

Anonymous said...

My July favorite was my trip through Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland with 6 ladies whom I call friends. An added bonus was meeting your mum on the trip. Small world moment indeed.
Knitsonplanes

dianne said...

I'll have to add Sharp Objects to my Kindle wish list. I loved Gone Girl by her. My favorite reading in July was Nora Roberts Inn Boonsboro Trilogy. It was completely light hearted perfect vacation reading.

Unknown said...

Please tell me where Miasie Blue is located? It doesn't say on their site unless I missed it. It sounds like a fun place to stop and visit.

SpinningLara said...

Great idea for what to do with swatches!

ShareThis