Monday, August 31, 2015

Blink of an Eye

And there goes August. I've tried to soak up as much summer relaxation as I can these last few weeks. How about you?

Of course, part of that sunshine is hanging out with Miss Magpie! Can you believe she'll be 2 in October and her baby sister will be here by then too!

image

I've also been working out and eating healthy too! I posted this picture on Instagram (irishgirlieknits there) and my Facebook (are we friends there?) page earlier this month from a friend's wedding I attended- I felt so healthy and confident in so many ways!

image

The turkey meatballs and grandma's marinara sauce was a hit with everyone in the family this past week! It has already been requested again.

image

Let's just hope these stupid crutches don't keep me down for too long (ugh! I know, right?! I find out Monday morning the results of my MRI...unfortunately my good knee is hurt now! Dr thinks just general wear and tear....was pretty proud of my CIZEing considering I have basically no cartilage in either knee).

There has been some knitting this month. I finished my Kenmare Lace Hat in Plucky Bello Worsted. This one is for me...so drapey and in a color just for me (Holloway!).

image

I'll try to get a picture of me wearing it but it has been too hot lately (and taking a selfie while on crutches is more than I can handle!).

image

This wee baby sweater is almost done. So is my Friday Night Lights Marathon. I love you Tim Riggins. I'm SOOOOO ready for some college football!! Anyone else?!?

Plucktober is just around the corner, so of course it is time for a sale!

igk.plucky

Oh, and Summer Wind is 50% off today (Aug. 31) today only, no coupon needed!! Then it'll be part of the Plucky sale!!

How has your August been? I've missed you guys. I promise to be back a bit more consistently in September!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

4 comments:

Renee Anne said...

I can't believe August is already gone! I think I'm wandering over toward Verb this afternoon but we'll have to see how things go. I kind of want to go to James & the Giant Cupcake next door but I've no need to go to Verb so I don't want to trek over there (we'll be in Oakland already so it's not like I'm just going over there for fun).....::sigh:: Decisions decisions. I did promise Little Man a cupcake sometime after school today, though. We may just have to make them and call it good. And Little Miss Magpie is going to be 2 already?!

dianne said...

How exciting that Miss Magpie is going to be a big sister! And I'm a little shocked myself that today is the last day of August.... I hope your MRI brings you good news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :-)

Jane said...

It is hard to believe that September is tomorrow. You are look so great - inspire of the crutches. Hang in there.

Jane said...

Whoops -that was supposed to be despite crutches. Jane

ShareThis