Thursday, March 29, 2007

Flash Your Stash 2007!

The Knitty Heads have encouraged us to "Flash Your Stash!" Well, I know who reads my blog (e.g., dad, non-knitting friends who love me), and I'm just not ready to take that first step in the 12 step program :) But, for my Knitty friends, who love Yarn PrOn, I thought I would take a step in the right direction and flash my "blue" stash, because lately, that has really been my favorite addiction! First, Blue Moon Fiber Arts!

Before. Our dining/kitchen area. Meet my Blue Spode collection (see, I love blue).


Blue Spode invites Blue Moon for tea.


To clarify, there is not more yarn tucked in the drawer, this was for photo shoot only. I know, I know.



Up close and purty.

Did you know Blue Moon made 100% Cotton! Seriously!!



Umm, I'm drawn to these colors.




My log cabin blanket ingredients :) Blue :)



I blame this a bit on all my knit blogging friends who have shown me all the beauty that is Blue Moon. And then I blame my two trips to Oregon this past year, Stitches West (last year and this year), and Purlescence Yarns (they are only 20 minutes away!!).



Moving on...to Blue Sky Alpaca. Love love love. I've acquired a little bit of everything- their dyed cotton, organic cotton, alpaca, alpaca silk, brushed suri....lots of projects picked out for this yarn above. The good thing, I'm pretty good at finding this yarn on sale. Most of this has been purchased on sale (I know. I know. Still bad. I know).




A closer look. Love. Ingredients for some cabled hats, baby bobbi bear, baby eyelet blanket, Girlfriend's Swing Coat, a shrug, some Christmas stockings....


And now....



Finally, a little taste of the "not-blue" stash. I will say, the "Blues" are really the only yarn that I've seemed to "collect". Others I love and I'm more project-driven (well, at least now I am). Here are some of my favorites- a new favorite Sheep Shop (like Manos, softer though, love!), Malabrigo (yummy), Naturwolle (more lovely colors), some Karabella Aurora Bulky (sproing!), and then we have Colinette. I have to thank LittleMy from the KnittyCoffeeshop for getting me hooked on their yarns. What a great secret pal she was...and now she's a great swapper!


I will say, all of my "blue" yarns and the favorites above sure do make me smile. I LOVE the colors and the feel. Blue Moon truly is my happy pill. This will continue to be my downfall. I know. I'm already trying to convince Rowan to drive with me to the Black Sheep Gathering in June, just because Blue Moon will be there! I know. Maybe we should change the name of the blog. I know. I better go knit.



xoxoxo Irishgirlieknits

23 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Oooh I'm so jealous of your Blue Moon and Blue Sky collection! The Spode is gorgeous too!

turtlegirl76 said...

*jaw drops to floor and drool starts to puddle*

Karen said...

What turtlegirl said. *drool*

Trillian42 said...

Wow. Just... wow. Blue Moon and Blue Sky Alpacas are faves, and that's an AWESOME collection of both.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. That's a serious collection!! I am majorly jealous!! Blue Moon and Blue Sky are two of my faves, too...and drooooooool...

knottygnome said...

wow, just...wow

Anonymous said...

Omigosh. I'm in such awe, that I almost spelled "omigosh" wrong. Drool. That's all.

sgeddes said...

What a beautiful dinner party setting!

Zonda said...

*wipes drool off the keyboard* woman, that is some Blue Moon and Blue Sky!! Gorgeous colors!

Lick My Sticks said...

You know with the demand for Socks That Rock, you may get your home stormed by STR-obsessed knitters!

Unknown said...

Man do I want your blue stash! It's beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen so much Blue Moon in one place at one time!

Batty said...

Now that's what I call a dinner party!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Great idea for a dinner party Batty. Invite Blue Moon lovers over :) and at each place setting, instead of little name cards (I've never done that..seriously), there would be a skein of STR, colorway name aptly chosen for the specific person. Unfortunately, BMFA hasn't come up with a name for mine yet (ADDICT)...hehehe..

My sister better not read these comments or we are definately not going to Black Sheep...probably best...

Discoknits said...

Look at all that STR!!!!!!!!!
OMG
Your log cabin blanket will be the prettiest, most petable ever.
And the Spode!
I have to go back and look again, again.....

aija said...

Wow, wow!! :)

Chelle said...

what a gorgeous, decadent stash!!

weezalana said...

Oh. my. GAWD. I can't stop staring at all your BMFA. Must...look...away...

Anonymous said...

Wow... just.. wow. Nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Dude,
You put yarn in the cake platter . . .now that is creative : )

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Uh-oh. My sister read the comments. How do I know? That anonymous comment above....yeah, that's her. I confirmed it. She knows about most of the yarn, I was worried she would read the comments...ugh...and realize not everyone has this problem....

Nikki said...

beautiful presentation! and that sky blue bsa cotton looks heavenly. would you notice if i snatched a hank or two? what if i distracted you? look, a squirrel!

Unknown said...

Hee, I feel better knowing that there are other knitters out there w/bigger STR stashes than mine.

Love you stash and I am envious that you're only 20 min from Purlescence. It takes me 45 min if I'm lucky.

Unknown said...

Love your stash. So much Blue Moon!!! So pretty.

ShareThis