Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Scarf that Rocks! Goes to the Beach!




I am loving my Scarf that Rocks! so much that I seem to want to take it everywhere! Today I had a meeting in Half Moon Bay and it was such a gorgeous day! Once my meeting was over, I decided to drive down to the beach and knit for a bit (don't worry...it was 4:45pm...I wasn't playing hooky or anything!). Gotta love California sometimes!! Especially since yesterday it rained (I was so excited because I got to wear my STR socks for the first time!!), and today it looks like this. The colors of my scarf that rocks! blend in so perfectly with the beach don't you think??

It was a bit windy though!


The scarf is about 18" long right now. I haven't been able to put it down. I love seeing where the colors are going to show up next! I took it up to Sacramento with me on Saturday (hey, Happy Belated St. Patty's Day everyone!) and knit it a bit while Rowan drove. I also made a cable hat for my uncle on the drive up (and finished it Sunday morning).


Its made with my favorite Karabella Aurora Bulky! Love it!!! Such a quick knit too!

The story behind the hat....my dad said my uncle didn't know that I knit. My dad was surprised he didn't know this. He figured he was always talking about me going to yarn stores, buying me yarn (e.g., giving me money to buy yarn, or me knitting things for him, or the fabulous socks I made him, etc.). So when it came up recently, my uncle requested a hat. Of course, now that I have made him his first hat, what do you think has happened?? My dad comes home today and says, "When you have time, you might want to make him a scarf too." :) Oh, Hot Mama is reading this wondering where her shrug is....I just know it!!! Love you all!!! xoxo Irishgirlieknits

2 comments:

Zonda said...

The scarf is looking very pretty! I like your color combo! Love the hat too!

Cherie B. said...

What a beautiful scarf & beautiful pics! Makes me miss the Bay Area! :(

ShareThis