Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sock Summit....Day One!

I'm a bit tired already but the first official day of Sock Summit ROCKED!!! Well, with these ladies running it, how could it not?

IMG_1445

Before I jump into Sock Summit, I have to share the note that Christy's daughter left under my door last night.

IMG_1431
Seriously cute??!!! I had a great few days relaxing and visiting with Christy and the kids before Sock Summit!

IMG_1432
Yesterday and today I helped with Vendor Registration! Fun stuff....got to check in the daily door prizes (lots and lots of awesome giveaways!!!), help with the silent auction, etc.

IMG_1439
But especially fun was hanging out with ST-2! This is them smiling before the marketplace doors opened to the students!

IMG_1438
Here's the line forming....open open open!

stacey and me
I finally finally got to meet Stacey!!! And Turtlegirl too (hope she has a cute picture of us! I still need to get one!). Lots of other knitty friends too but the camera wasn't around!

I hope to have more pictures later! Having a blast! Oh, the yarn....its all gorgeous, but one of my new favorites is here! I got two of her merino/cashmere/nylon base yarns...yummy!!

Happy Sock Summit!!!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

23 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

So nice to meet you! See you tomorrow, I hope. Today was a blast.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big sock summit is! There would be nothing of this size in Australia for knitting, let alone just for sock knitting!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm green with envy!

I hope you're having a GREAT time!

Susie said...

Looks like you're having a ball! Jealous over here for sure.

Discoknits said...

Hey you look great :0) And having so much fun. Enjoy

Rani said...

I am so glad you're there! You do such a great job of posting and having fun pictures so the rest of us can enjoy it from afar! Have fun!!!!! oh the fibery goodness. how I wish I was there.

chemgrrl said...

Oh, fun fun. Post lots more pictures, please! So I can pretend I'm there too.

marcy said...

thx girlie! ooooh so much to see and do!
put some blackberry brambles on your toes and it will feel like a foot massage!

Stacey said...

it was so great to meet you! (though wow, i look tired in that picture - it was a long day!) And I can't wait for our class!

dianne said...

Day one looks like sooo much fun! Hugs to you! Wish I was there but I'll enjoy it vicariously through everyones blogs.

JelliDonut said...

I am hopelessly succumbing to my jealousy. I'm buying some yarn today, dammit, even though I need more yarn like I need a third boob! Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful time, and I hope Sock Summit goes even better than the organizers dreamed of. Maybe they'll be crazy enough to do it again and I'll try once more for some of those amazing classes. Please, please, please convince them all of their hard work is worth it and they should bring this show to Denver next year. You can use my guest room!

Josie said...

Oh, I am so jealous! It looks like you're having a such a fantastic time! I'm living vicariously through your posts and pictures this time, but, maybe next time...... Have fun!

Tricia said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun and keeping us all posted on the wonderful SS madness. I checked out TurtleGirl's pictures and she does indeed have a great one of the two of you.

weezalana said...

Fun! Living vicariously between you and tg!

Jadielady said...

Turtlegirl did get a very lovely picture of the two of you :) Just saw it on her blog (google reader alphabetizes)
So jealous of all the fun you are all having!

knitter said...

thank you for the pictures!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Thankyou for sharing the pictures it looks like so much fun:)Hugs Darcy

Zonda said...

Wow, that was a pile of lanyards! ;) What was the other pile of...looks like chocolate! Have fun!

cpurl17 said...

Looks like you're all having a great time!! Wish I was there, but I'm enjoying your blog updtes!

Angela said...

Great to see you again. It is so much fun to be here.

Virtuous said...

What a wonderful time!! So jelly you got to meet Stacey :)

Jean said...

All I could think of was - wish I was there too. I'm sure everyone there is having a blast - its really an historical event in knitting.

cupcakefaerie said...

We need to start planning for our next woolly outing right away!

ShareThis