Monday, August 10, 2009

Sock Summit....The Goodies!

I'm home! Sock Summit was absolutely amazing!! I am still on a yarn and knitty friend high (well, a bit exhausted too!!). One of the best parts for me was getting to spend so much time with my BFF (aka Debbi or ST-2 or Cockeyed)! She and Debra coordinated all of the vendors and the marketplace information booth and all of the fabulous daily drawings, and so much more! And I loved helping them during setup and in between my classes!!

One of the fun parts was helping to check in the daily drawings donations. The vendors were so amazing!! There were TONS of prizes!! That's how I discovered two of my favorites from the marketplace....Queen Bee Creations and Kitchen Sink Dyeworks!


BFF purses
Look at our cute BFF purses from Queen Bee!!! I heart mine so much Debbi!! Thank you!!


IMG_1535
I certainly had a blue theme going! Another cute bag from Good to Be Girl and gorgeous gorgeous yarn from Kitchen Sink Dyeworks.

Kitchen Sink Dyeworks
Kitchen Sink Dyeworks, Luxe Merino Fine fingering sock (80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon), colorway Meg

Blue Moon Beer
My new stuff was put to good use right away! And yes, that's another Cotty sock on the needles! I was thrilled that so many people showed me their Cotty socks at the Sock Summit! I wish I had thought to take a picture of them all! It really made my day whenever someone commented on how they loved their Cotty socks or were working on a pair!!

There were a lot more goodies, but I'm going to spread sock summit out a bit over the next week or so! That way I won't miss it so much!!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

25 comments:

LisaK said...

Miss you and everyone else already, IrishGirlieKnits! See you next at Sock Camp!

marcy said...

thanks for sharing! i will enjoy the week! and what's not to love about the blue things...so cute!

the peek a boo peony cotty is gorgeous!!

Stacey said...

Man I am so going to get one the Queen Bee Creations bag, I've been loving them for years & feel so lame that I don't have one yet.

Can't wait to see more!

JelliDonut said...

I LOVE the combination of blue and brown. Gorgeous stuff! Glad you had a wonderful time--wish I could have been there.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

So cool to meet you in person! It was a fantastic weekend.

Bezzie said...

Oooo! I like that bag! Glad you had fun! (But seriously, did anyone come back from SS going 'Oh man, that sucked!'? Ha ha, probably not!)

Susie said...

Love the loot! Can't wait to read more.

Discoknits said...

I missed you! Welcome back to the real world, erm, I mean blogland, er, you know what I mean.

Glad it was so much fun - was it ever not going to be ;0)

LOVE button on all your new goodies. Esp. the bag. Oh, the bag!!!

Can't wait for your next posts - every day please ;0)

Anonymous said...

Love those bags... so cute! Can't wait to see what else you brought home from Sock Summit!

chemgrrl said...

I too, have been ogling Queen Bee Creations for years and have never bought anything. Sigh. I'm jealous of your bag.

Bad Amy said...

Wonderful blues!

I have to view limited amounts of Summit post at a time. Too much, sock lovely overload! You're a lucky girl.

cockeyed said...

o......m......g.......why don't we live in the same town? I love you so much it hurts! I could NOT have done it without you! You are a treasure! gush.....gush.....gush...

cupcakefaerie said...

I can't believe you had enough energy yesterday to take photos and blog. You're awesome! Miss you, roomie!

Marisol said...

Man it was great fun wasn't it? I wish we were still there or that we could go on like that forever:)

It was great seeing Carrie!

Unknown said...

Leave it to you to give me a new knitting bag lemming. ;)

Missed you and glad to know you had a great time.

Laura said...

Sounds like Sock Summit was fab! Can't wait to see what other posts you have in store.

susan said...

It was so great to see you again! I wish we could have hung out some....but when??? It was an action packed few days! I love your bags! I didn't score a Queen Bee but I was certainly admiring them!
I'm glad you had a great time!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the bags and the yarnie goodness:)hugs Darcy

cpurl17 said...

I love how your look color coordinates!! I'm so glad you had a great time!!

weezalana said...

Very cute bags!

Zonda said...

Fab bag!! or should I say bags ;) Pretty yarnz too! I'm enjoying your posts and seeing you pop up all around the internetz :)

princessquiltandknitalot said...

How fun! willthey have a sock summit next year? I want to go! Thank you for the comment on my blog! I was so excited to see your comment! Puddles and Bailey are adorable and I love the name! My daughter's name is Bailey (age 16).

Beverly said...

I'm working on a pair of Cotty's right now. Love the pattern!

You look really cute with your hair pulled up.

Mya said...

I totally need to cast on a pair of Cotty's...I wonder if I have any yarn? HA!

Tammy said...

It was great seeing you! I bought a bag and wallet from Queen Bee, love them both!! So, what's the drink in the last picture? It looks inviting. :)

ShareThis