Saturday, January 9, 2010

Let's talk stash.

My stash to be exact. New year, new goals. I still feel like many of last year's goals for me are continuing to be my focus, not just the stash one. But let's tackle that stash one today.

I'm continuing with my destash efforts. That money has helped pay for the three clubs I've signed up for for the year- Woolgirl, Rockin' Sock Club, and Plucky Classics. I'm hoping these three clubs will account for most of my stash acquisition, give or take a few well-thought out Blue Moon purchases (Stitches West, Sock Camp) and some others from my favorite dealers, Woolgirl, Purlescence Yarns, and Plucky. To keep track of that, I've joined the Stashdown Challenge with my Yarn Snob friends on Ravelry! So far, so good!

I'm also trying to take more photos of my stash....a little reminder for me. So let's start with the incoming stash this week (all 2009 purchases, so I'm still in the clear this month!).


IMG_2651

Woolgirl's kits always amaze me! I'm always thinking the new one is my favorite! A Yarnissima pattern (and two more awesome patterns by Christina Bain), a gorgeous skein of Juliet yarn from Yarn Love, a PINK!!! Namaste buddy case (an exclusive colorway!!! love love love!!), and other sweet goody treats!

IMG_2656

The new Plucky Classics shipment. Love. Love. Love.

And then there was the Blue Moon New Year's Eve Rare Gems event! These beauties....wow!!! So glad I indulged a bit (you know I don't need anymore STR!).

IMG_2655

IMG_2643

IMG_2646

IMG_2648

IMG_2647

From all the gorgeous Rare Gems I've seen on Ravelry this week from this event, wow! I'm hoping the leftovers will be at Stitches West....a little motivation for me to cast on with one of these soon!

It is definitely time to fall in love with my stash!

Happy Knitting!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

18 comments:

Mya said...

I love WoolGirls club shipments too! This was was super cute!

Allison said...

I'm drooling! Those rare gems are lovely.

I just got a big box from Webs that I ordered in 2009, so I almost felt like I was cheating when I opened it up in cold sheep 2010!

Zonda said...

Pretty yarnz!! Still waiting for my Rare Gems...maybe monday ;)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I signed up for the plucky classic and I did buy a skein of SweetGeorgia at the ravelry party at Unwind and the Cali clutch in sadle.
I'm casting on for another Simple Things Shawl tomorrow with the SweetGeorgia so I dont feel as bad and I planned alot of my 10 in 2010with stash yarn.
I love your Woolgirl goodies and the str skeins are pretty:)Hugs Darcy

Jackie's Stitches said...

You have the best stash!

I've not been able to get my hands on any STR. I went to Knitch over the summer and they didn't have any.

I love that we're going to see your stash photos! I have a Namaste buddy case that I use for stitching and I love it.

Jo said...

Ooh - I like that second one from the right with the dark red and blue.

Batty said...

Uh... I'm falling in love with your stash! That's a bit of a problem, I think. It's so pretty!

cpurl17 said...

I loved my last WG shipment too--she really outdid herself!!

I'm still waiting for my Rare Gems but I'm glad to see they're starting to arrive!

Jocelyn said...

Ooh lovely stash. I'm kicking myself now for not buying the Air rare gems. Can't wait to get mine!

Bezzie said...

I love that you're destashing to fund more yarn! Hee hee!

Those are gorgeous acquisitions all around!

Sam said...

I got a little buddy in my WoolGirl lace club shipment (which I love). It's very pretty but um.. what am I supposed to put in it?

SissySees said...

Lovely goodies! I love my Buddies - have three (I think?) of them. I keep them stocked with cheap folding scissors, a darning needle, stitch markers, etc., and have one on hand at all times, in larger project bags and beside the sofa, even though I have my "good" scissors and 100 stitch markers within arm's reach...

Rani said...

OH MY! MY jaw is still on the floor over that first picture. That yarn and that pattern. DARN IT ANYWAY! I can't WAIT for you to knit those babies up!

Yummy eye candy all around. sigh. and another year for me to live vicariously through others.

dianne said...

That's a fantastic collection of rare gems! I'm still waiting for mine to ship. I love that buddy case too. It's so pretty in pink!

cockeyed said...

...nice rare gems! oh yeah, more at Stitches!

tapmouse said...

Saw the WoolGirl shipment in person at work today! LOVE! Everything was so absolutely wonderful and I enjoyed being in the club vicariously!

And I absolutely adore all four of my Rare Gems sale skeins, too!

weezalana said...

That Woolgirl kit is AMAZING! I wish I could join!

Bobbie in AK said...

oCarrie,

Can you tell me what Rare Gem Mill ends these are? It's hard to see the name. I ordered one of each on New Years Eve - I am curious. Can't wait to get mine.

ShareThis