Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weekend Chores

I won The Yarn Harlot's Page-a-Day Calendar last November at the Knot Hysteria Knitting Retreat, and Friday's page was just perfect. So timely.

Weekend Chores: Stash Cull. hehehe I've been culling the stash the past few weeks, but this page made me take another look.


Stash Culling

I'm actually quite proud that I've cleared out almost another bucket (no worries Disco, I'm filling the bucket with other things so that I don't trick myself into thinking I have "more room" for yarn!). You can take a peek here, if interested.

Now that my stash is organized and my room is clean, its time to knit. knit. knit.

Happy Weekend!
xoxo Irishgirlieknits

P.S. If you haven't already seen, Ravelry has a special "Help for Haiti patterns" section where lots of designers are offering to donate part of their pattern sales to help Haiti. I've added my patterns there too. From now until the end of January, 50% of the sales of my patterns will be donated to Doctors without Borders to help Haiti.

11 comments:

JustJen said...

I'm so, so impressed!
I didn't cull, I can say that I didn't bring any *more* yarn home in spite of spending all day on the yarn crawl. (It ain't much, but that's all I've got!)

Cindy (blackmoondog) said...

IrishGirlieKnits destashing STR? DOES NOT COMPUTE. ;)

cockeyed said...

way to make room for more str from Stitches! you go girl!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I did this a couple of weeks ago and gave yarn away to a friend who will love it more than I did. It feels good to get organized!

tapmouse said...

(Covering ears-well, ok 'eyes') Lalalala I'm not looking...lalalala I'm not looking...OK, fine. I peeked. But I'm NOT buying!-lol!

Discoknits said...

Wonderful work :0) And stop listening to that Cockeyed!!!
:0p

Someone should buy the Alyeska, it is SO soft.

SissySees said...

Off to see what's left... not that I should be, but you know...

Kudos to you and everyone on Ravelry helping Haiti!

Neuroknitter said...

I'm also very impressed! Wow. You go girl!! :)

I'm feeling like my stash possesses me, and not me it...that's a problem, me thinks.

Anonymous said...

Hello-I was interested in buying a few things from your destash. I sent you a PM on ravelry about them. Thanks! Dee

hearthead said...

you go girl! Totally impressed with your last couple posts. Inspiring! Just met a new knitter today...Miss you!

cupcakefaerie said...

Wow! I'm so impressed and now motivated to do my own organizing and culling...just not the stash :)

ShareThis